THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

I hope it’s just me worrryng about something that might not happen but I wouldn’t be surprised If Reach, Lees or Forestieri went. 

Who would they go to? 

For differing reasons I can’t see any of those going:

lees - not in great form, although he’s a great defender he’s not what most go for in terms of a CB

fessi - not sure many clubs could afford him

Reach - similar to Fessi, but also think we’d be less likely to let someone go who’s ever present and can play so many roles 

2 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

What do you mean?  Why would there be any limit on how much we can spend on a loan now the embargo has been lifted?

Wasn’t it lifted under conditions? One of which being incoming salary cap of circa 10k 

8 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Quite possibly means very little but it was a deciding factor for Fletcher to join his friend Bannan at Hillsborough.

Danny Batth came through the Wolves youfh system with his mate Sam Winnall. 

They even made their debuts in the same game;

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/winnall-batth-thrilled-wolves-debuts-1071701

There is the theory that Winnall has not enjoyed his time here, so this have the reverse effect.

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Who would they go to? 

For differing reasons I can’t see any of those going:

lees - not in great form, although he’s a great defender he’s not what most go for in terms of a CB

fessi - not sure many clubs could afford him

Reach - similar to Fessi, but also think we’d be less likely to let someone go who’s ever present and can play so many roles 

I  hope you’re right. The fact that we have had our embargo lifted nags at me. Surely Mr C would have had to guarantee covering the shortfall in some way? I think he can cover the shortfall himself under the new rules for sustainability but if he doesn’t then the debt is against the club and we’ll have to balance the books. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I can’t see any of our key players leaving, unless Westwood goes.

I see Gary Hooper retweeted a suggestion from a Celtic fan that he returns there to replace dembele. Cheers Gary!

No problem with that at all. It would be a blessing if we could get Hooper off the wage bill. Age and injuries are not on his side. We are top heavy too - would be happy to go with Winnall over Hooper.

Defo 0 in. Hector wasn't in the stands for the wolves games,he was at home watching West Ham with his son as he put on instagram. 

I fully back Jos and his idea to let dawson/wildsmith play instead of Westwood. However his biggest issue is hes still here, if he'd got rid of him it wouldnt have been an issue as hes hanging around like a bad smell. 

Id like a few kids out on loan

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I can’t see any of our key players leaving, unless Westwood goes.

I see Gary Hooper retweeted a suggestion from a Celtic fan that he returns there to replace dembele. Cheers Gary!

Yeah, saw that too. If they want to chuck a few million at us for a player who has not played for 8 months then I would give serious consideration to selling him if I am honest.

To be honest, it’s simple, we need to balance the squad If we have to it with a couple of Premier League youngsters on subsidised loans, then so be it We cannot address those issues from within, so we simply have to do through the loan market

Not expecting much which isn’t so bad as I thought we were looking at losing the likes of Bannan, Forrestieri and Fletcher not so long ago.

Once 5:00pm comes around Jos can plan for the next four months with some amount of certainty and this may benefit us going forward plus a win at Reading tomorrow wouldn’t go amiss as 10 points on the board at this stage of the season would represent a solid start ahead of some tough looking upcoming fixtures.