THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

53 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The simple facts for us are we are one or two injuries away from a defensive crisis, for the last two season Lees has missed two months of the season with injuries what's so say, the same thing won't happen again then we are relying on either Pudil or JVA stepping in and playing 10-15+ plus to cover. I cannot see it myself, if we get 20 games out of Pudil this season I will be surprised and JVA has barely played for 12 months he needs time to get match fit and match sharp.

We desperately need a experience centre half to marshal the kids and also if he has leadership qualities ala Batth a massive plus as currently without Westwood in the back 5 we have no one organising that back line. Which might have something to do with why we have conceded so many soft goals already this season.

As for the outs -  Westwood 3rd choice it does take someone with an IQ above 10 to realise he needs to be loaned out/ sold to get his wages of the wage bill the other crock big earners of Abdi and Hooper, need to be fit before we can even contemplate getting rid and we all know they will be into the last 6 months of their deal before that happens.

If would also be beneficial for some of the kids on the fringes to get regular game time elsewhere in league 1 or 2 we all saw last season how Clare and Thorniley developed from no where with a 6 month loan away - we could be looking in January at a better baker, O'Grady, Stobbs meaning that we don't need a new central defender or right winger next season and we save a bit on the wages to a win win. 

Or you could play your best keeper, and loan Dawson or Wildsmith out, because Westwood doesn’t look to be moving at the moment does he? And we’re currently shipping too many goals with the young kids in goal.

And it doesn’t take someone with an IQ above 10 to work that one out.

By the way, you’ve set the club up for criticism on two accounts

1)If we fail to sign an experienced CB today

2)If after treating Westwood so poorly, the club still fail to move him on.

We then have a four month period where we possibly continue to ignore Westwood (which makes no sense to me) or, as I think will happen, you’re forced to bring him back into the picture if we keep shipping goals.

Though of course in anticipation of any suggestions of weakness, or going back on previous decisions, our Head Coach has already declared that ALL players will get their chance during the course of the season. So hopefully will include Westwood, Abdi, Jones etc who in my mind, may still have a vital part to play if they can find some form as I don’t believe you become a pish poor player overnight when you were previously playing at Premier League standard before joining the player graveyard that is Sheffield Wednesday. Why that happens may be worth further consideration.

So all could end well in the end.

Whilst Owls Talk prattles on about injuries that lead to the loss of vital players like Dawson, Preston and Kirby, we can then bring in crap players like Westwood, Abdi, Hooper and Jones.

Edited by theowlsman

I would like, Westwood to go somewhere on loan as i don't want any controversy. Any CB on loan as cover for Thorniley and Lees, but really i don't mind if we don't as between Nielsen, Van Aken, Hutch and Pudil i think we are fine. But i think some will sulk forever if we don't. Just for being greedy i think an attacking midfielder to compete for where Reach plays would be nice. Izzy Brown would have worked but can see why he picked Leeds. Lets see if any magic can happen. Overall my attitude for today is relaxed.

4 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I thought about this the other day, Wilder is in the right.

Scouring lower leagues, finding players with ambition to prove themselves at a higher level.

Who are on peanuts by the way...

Then it's sink or swim. Prove yourself or go. No messing about. Making every penny count.

We on the other hand, are the place where dinosaurs come to die, Almen Abdi - No ambition to prove himself, No ambition to play for SWFC, leaching every penny we've got. Easy to motivate Wilder's Team, our fancy dans need all the stars to align.

10 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I would like, Westwood to go somewhere on loan as i don't want any controversy. Any CB on loan as cover for Thorniley and Lees, but really i don't mind if we don't as between Nielsen, Van Aken, Hutch and Pudil i think we are fine. But i think some will sulk forever if we don't. Just for being greedy i think an attacking midfielder to compete for where Reach plays would be nice. Izzy Brown would have worked but can see why he picked Leeds. Lets see if any magic can happen. Overall my attitude for today is relaxed.

Don’t think we should be thinking about bringing anyone in who are just cover There are areas in the starting eleven we have to address, and if we had been able to address them from within, we surely would have done so by now

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I can’t see any of our key players leaving, unless Westwood goes.

I see Gary Hooper retweeted a suggestion from a Celtic fan that he returns there to replace dembele. Cheers Gary!

For any player, let alone fan favourite to retweet something like that, shocking. 

Not to mention the fact for 9 months he's been sat in the stands picking up a wage because of injury and not kicked a ball in anger!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think we should be thinking about bringing anyone in who are just cover There are areas in the starting eleven we have to address, and if we had been able to address them from within, we surely would have done so by now

Which areas of the starting 11 are we struggling in? I think we have a good starting 11, cover in almost all positions and players coming back from injury. If Jos wants some cover at centre back because he doesn't trust certain players then that is down to him. From my view i think we should get no one. But i think people will just panic if this happens. Hopefully the club are strong enough to say we don't need anyone. Like Spurs did.

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

For any player, let alone fan favourite to retweet something like that, shocking. 

Not to mention the fact for 9 months he's been sat in the stands picking up a wage because of injury and not kicked a ball in anger!

Fingers crossed he does go, can't see it though.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Which areas of the starting 11 are we struggling in? I think we have a good starting 11, cover in almost all positions and players coming back from injury. If Jos wants some cover at centre back because he doesn't trust certain players then that is down to him. From my view i think we should get no one. But i think people will just panic if this happens. Hopefully the club are strong enough to say we don't need anyone. Like Spurs did.

we still clearly lack pace and physicality, there is an imbalance in the team, i.e. we don't have the players to suit playing 3 at the back and we lack a holding midfielder to effectively play 4 at the back, also lack some creativity and pace on the break, etc...

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This ^ 

Should be looking to strengthen the first 11, which in turn strengthens the squad and addresses some of our weaknesses. Weaknesses that have been there ever since Wembley. A clear lack of pace and physicality, and an imbalance in our first 11. 

Edited by Mr. Wednesday