THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Because we make the loan club pay the players wages in full.

A lot of lower league clubs simply cannot do this. They would rather spend the little money they have on experienced players who they know can do a job for them rather some untested young lad from a Championship club. I don't understand why this is our policy, but I don't understand a lot of the decisions the club makes.

It isn't just us, pretty much every club does it. There was a report the other week highlighting this, and how lower and non league clubs can't afford to loan young players from the leagues above for this reason. Palace made a big deal about being the first club to scrap loan fees and wage splits or payments as long as the players play 

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Fallouts will become making up with each other, out of form players will find form again, injured players will recover, we’ll get the blend of youth and experience right, we’ll decide on our best side and formation, and make it work, and somehow get up despite the odds being against us this season.

And - while you should never say never - things can't go as bad as last season's calamitous cluster fizz of injuries...

4 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

David Speedie and Adrian Heath in

Ian Cranson and Iain Hesford out 

Like both Speedie and Heath but they are too similar for me. Both diminutive and support strikers. I hear we are after Raziak, now that would be a great signing with Speedie supporting. 

33 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If we fail to bring in a CB before 5.00 pm, and it transpires that it's Jos who's happy with what he has, then as far as I'm concerned his future at the club is wedded to forthcoming results.

None of this "it's nothing to do with me mate that we're losing every week".

He's taken the decision to bin off not only the best keeper at the club, but like as not in the division.

How will "Cami" fare when he's picking the ball out of the net two or three times every game, as seems likely when you consider whom we've got to face shortly?

Jos is paid a lot of money (even more than Carlito) to get these decisions right.

If he gets them wrong, then he pays with his job.

If we can't afford to bring anyone in due to FFP constraints he has to be happy with what he has, there's no other option.

5 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

And - while you should never say never - things can't go as bad as last season's calamitous cluster fizz of injuries...

We don't need loads of injuries we are that paper thin in defense if either of Lees or Palmer picks up an injury at all this season we are seriously in the poo at centre back or right back. Baker is not ready for championship level yet and who comes in for Lees to partner Thorniley - Pudil cannot stay match fit, Hutch is a liability that lunges in and give away silly penalties and free kicks, Neilson is not ready, JVA still does not look fit, Presumably we will just hope for the best - it's not like Lees has got injured in both of the last two season and missed over two months both times or anything.......

The difference in both of those season we had a loan centre back in Sasso and Venancio who stepped in and delivered the good both experienced players with leadership qualities this is why the signing of someone like Batth is so important.