THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Reading have announced the loan signing of Iran international Saeid Ezatolahi from FC Rostov.

Manager Paul Clement said: “I’m very happy we have been able to sign Saeid on loan within 24 hours of this transfer window closing. Saeid is a strong, powerful central midfield player with good technical ability.

could face us tomorrow

Kants, typical

7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Selling when the time is right. 

Is the best trait of any chairman. 

Look at Leeds, sold Chris Wood, Lewis Cook and Ronaldo Vieria last couple of seasons. 30m plus. Are they weaker or stronger? 

Leeds have the same side as last season except Barry Douglas has come in. Granted they’ve also brought Bamford in who’s hardly played and Izzy Brown yesterday. 

That group of players had 1 win in 22 games last season. Let’s see how those soft tvvats play like when the pitches are getting harder and when it’s cold and miserable. 

Saiz, Alioski, Hernandez all look good in the sunshine, not sure it will be the same when it gets tougher.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Selling when the time is right. 

Is the best trait of any chairman. 

Look at Leeds, sold Chris Wood, Lewis Cook and Ronaldo Vieria last couple of seasons. 30m plus. Are they weaker or stronger? 

it helps being canny in the transfer market, selling for big money and bringing in quality and also producing and selling on young talent. Would we be as canny in the transfer market, if we sold some of our assets or young talent for big money? With our recent recruitment in the past few years, I wouldn't feel confident, that we would replace any of our stars or assets with adequate quality.

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I am still hoping on Batth and I think it will happen.

If we don’t sign a big commanding centre half, we will regret it. I don’t rate JVA, Pudil is getting on and whilst Thorniley is a top prospect, it’s a position that you need experience. Plus Lees and Thorniley are on the short side.

Make this happen DC!

I watched the highlights again of the last 2  games and Thorniley was bloody outstanding. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Who has looked every bit the star player at Bournemouth. 

Imagine the stick chansiri would have got on here had we sold Forestieri through choice to fund some new worse than him signings and he had torn it up in the premier league.

I thing Fessi has proved he is a very good championship player but does quite make the premiership grade there have been a few good examples of players in the last few season, Bamford great championship striker not made in the the PL, Woods from Leeds sold for £15m but doesn't look anything special in the PL. If we had been offered anything like £15m for Fessi we should have taken it, it would have sorted the FFP issues out and allowed the manager £5m to remodel the squad a bit.

As for Sheff Utd they keep selling of the silverware and not replacing them but they keep producing the silverware and tying them to long contracts so when they sell them the make good money. We could do a lot worse than to follow the same plan you only need one Brookes to pay for 8-10 that don't quite make the grade.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Washington is bang average 

He cannot sign for anyone in England though as he has been released outside of the transfer window he will have to go Abroad or Scotland or wait to January for a chance.

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Leeds have the same side as last season except Barry Douglas has come in. Granted they’ve also brought Bamford in who’s hardly played and Izzy Brown yesterday. 

That group of players had 1 win in 22 games last season. Let’s see how those soft tvvats play like when the pitches are getting harder and when it’s cold and miserable. 

Saiz, Alioski, Hernandez all look good in the sunshine, not sure it will be the same when it gets tougher.

Good shout, quality is evident now. Manager may play a big role to make sure it stays 

Just a little over 5 hours left will we see any signs of the club trying to do any business to improve the squad or get rid of players who clearly won't be playing this season only picking up a big wages to watch the matches from the stands.

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Forgot to mention that the 2 Chelsea players that's been linked with us are both signing today. 

what about Batth? I'd be pleased if we get Hector and Piazon and/or Batth too. Think that would address some of our defensive and physicality issues, plus make us more balanced, dynamic and creative too. Would still like some pace but it would be difficult to address everything at the last minute to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

from the football league rule book - the transfer window shut 3 weeks ago we are in a loan window when you can only loan player registered with club unless they have changed the rules this transfer can only happen in a loan deal?

Registration of Players

Unless otherwise permitted by Regulation 43.2, registrations of Players are only permitted during a Transfer Window.

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Westwood in any one of the other 23 teams in our league would be in the match day squad if not the starting 11, but we decide to not include him because he is third choice.

At the same time we are in a financial mess because we have too many players on big wages not playing any football - Hutch, Westwood, Abdi, Hooper, Winnall the list goes on. So if he is third choice as our manager has said then loan him out get his wages off the overheads maybe even a fee. But instead we will do jack and let his wages run down to the end of the season its only another £1,000,0000 wasted on a third choice keeper and we wonder how we are losing £20,000,000+ a season.

:Chansiri:

But unless he’s gone by the end of today, my view is that he should be 1st choice keeper.

And Westwood should not be used as an excuse for our current financial plight either. Nor any other injured or dropped senior pros.

The reason for our financial situation lies elsewhere. Making players the scapegoats for our financial position is not on, it’s just re-directing blame.

Seems everything that is not great at the moment is down to the players or fans. Nothing to do with the running of the club or appointment of C list managers. 

And therein lies the irony as the players we have, and the fans, will have the largest influence over our future success, so pehaps best not to upset dressing rooms or fans eh? You’d have thought.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

IMHO we NEED a strong centre half and a right back as the bare minimum today.

well imo we have needed this sorting for last few seasons 

I have never thought hunt and pudil were consistent enough and Loovens was showing frailty

Lees played well with him but it should have been sorted 

venancio looked ok when he was actually played

sasso never really convinced me 

fox no words 

JVA looks like a waste of valuable cash

high hopes for our kids in the full back positions but we could do with experience and pace 

whoever is in charge of our recruitment needs to have a slap and walk