Embargo...

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

Maybe we are under an embargo and Wednesday is when it could be lifted depending on how well the league think we’ve done.

*wild speculation

Not guna be far off is it

What an absolute mess this FFP situation is

So now do we have to demonstrate a cost reduction strategy to proceed?

Wage caps, squad size reductions, agreeing on allowable costs

Ridiculous 

Only one beneficiary in all this, the legal reps creaming a process absolutely nobody understands

Edited by BRUCE LEE

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe we are close to an embargo and will be in one soon. But we are waiting to see how first few months of season is going.

If looks like promotion is a possibility then we gamble on going up and all our FFP / P&S problems are over.
If promotion looks very unlikely by December we start flogging off players in January. 

But they aren't, as today's events surrounding QPR confirm, unless of course you never, ever get relegated again!

21 minutes ago, southportdc said:

I'm fairly confident we aren't in an embargo at the moment; I'm also fairly confident we will be in one either this coming January or the next.

Common sense would say now is the time to invest heavily in players then if Mr Chansiri really does have the money and desire to win promotion.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Common sense would say now is the time to invest heavily in players then if Mr Chansiri really does have the money and desire to win promotion.

I bet QPR owner doesn't think it was common sense now :picnic:

Typical Wednesday really. 

We finally get sorted out, get an owner who has the cash to really take us forward. But a mixture of bad luck, bad decisions and naivety we end up spunking money on players who’ve been an absolute disaster up to now. 

Our punishment now is the dreaded FFP gonads. Can’t spend any more money, even if Chansiri wants to. 

We’re cursed.

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I bet QPR owner doesn't think it was common sense now :picnic:

You say that, it wouldn't surprise me if QPR went for it in this window knowing an embargo is coming their way next transfer window!

Let's not forget, £17m fine, £3m costs, and converting £20m loan to his own company into equality is buttons for the man!

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Typical Wednesday really. 

We finally get sorted out, get an owner who has the cash to really take us forward. But a mixture of bad luck, bad decisions and naivety we end up spunking money on players who’ve been an absolute disaster up to now. 

Our punishment now is the dreaded FFP gonads. Can’t spend any more money, even if Chansiri wants to. 

We’re cursed.

It is pretty typical, although Forest did similar, suffered the consequences for a few years and now they’re back having a pop so it’s not necessarily a long term disaster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spike1867 said:

I have absolutely no idea but maybe those with the knowledge can shed light on it.  If this was the case, what "drops off" the accounting period from 3 seasons back?  Is that the likes of McGugan, FF's fee, Hooper's fee, Hunt, etc....

Please don't shoot the accountancy challenged theory...I really have no clue when it comes to this stuff.

Those were my thoughts

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It is pretty typical, although Forest did similar, suffered the consequences for a few years and now they’re back having a pop so it’s not necessarily a long term disaster.

Exactly. It's all done in 3 year spunk cycles. 2 more barren years, then a full on jizz bonanza again. Hopefully next time we'll invest in young potential rather than old crocks with no sell on value.

2 hours ago, punkyhorrors said:

http://priceoffootball.com/tag/sheffield-wednesday/ The price of football does a great job explaining our current ffp and says in that the manager will have no wriggle room for the summer transfer window which is showing. I Kind of like that DC is looking at the club as what it is a business not throwing money at the club like his is plaything. He running the club as a business as that what it is I think people forget that. If we are under an embargo let the kids step up and see what happens there no point in having a youth set up if they're never going to get first-team football. We have shown in the past that we got some good youth player. 

But running the club to 'only' make a 13 million pound annual loss on average still isn't running the club as a business. I think if the club were run as a business we'd go down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Maybe we are under an embargo and Wednesday is when it could be lifted depending on how well the league think we’ve done.

*wild speculation

It wouldn't surprise me or alternatively the EFL have deferred an embargo until 1st August because we've given assurances that we'll bring our losses within FFP limits by that date. If we don't achieve the target we could be in embargo.

The football league are going through the books of every football league clubs regarding FFP and the club's will find out the results of this on 31st of July which is Tuesday so we and Nixon will all know by Wednesday 

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

But they aren't, as today's events surrounding QPR confirm, unless of course you never, ever get relegated again!

Yes I agree.

Always suspected if we beat Hull at Wembley in 2016 we might be in a worst position now as would have gone mad buying players and likely got relegated.

The announcement on Wednesday might be the EFL looking into it's own rules. Might be half the club's in the division falling foul of the unfair and possibly unlawful rules. That would be embarrassing for them and show the current regulations are not working. As always, it's the fans who suffer.