Embargo...

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, mike312 said:

Bit odd that clubs are forced to adhere to strict financial rules to try to stop clubs getting into debt and then part of the punishment is...... a massive fine!

it will be payable at £5 a week until they reach the promised land, oh sorry, i meant bore fest, oh sorry i meant the fantasy league, damn it...Premiership.

Guest Bulgaria
34 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I'll set you up a loan window where you can borrow my gf as long as I can watch.  

is it a loan agreement that states the said GF is not allowed to either play with or score with her parent boyfriend?

59 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Just a thought

Maybe August the 1st is the start of the leagues accounting year

And we will have cash to spend as we have avoided going over our limit in the past three years

I have absolutely no idea but maybe those with the knowledge can shed light on it.  If this was the case, what "drops off" the accounting period from 3 seasons back?  Is that the likes of McGugan, FF's fee, Hooper's fee, Hunt, etc....

Please don't shoot the accountancy challenged theory...I really have no clue when it comes to this stuff.

58 minutes ago, striker said:

Maybe the club might have mentioned that before selling season tickets, asking for ridiculous membership prices and cat B ticket prices for first home game. Be nice for fans to know what we are paying for

Why would the club announce that we are skint, we will take any silly offers for players, and we cant bid for any players 

I'm sure all other clubs will think aww poor Wednesday lets take pity on them and play fair with our bids, because after all they were upfront with their fans 

34 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

That’s right DC always tells us about all the bad things happening before we hand over our hard earned 

it would be announced by the Football league like Birmingham's was 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Same people who cry like babies about Jon Newsome, Rob Staton, Alan Biggs etc when they discuss Wednesday

Nixon's usually on the money

I haven’t got a problem with Nixon. Tells it straight and very rarely if ever gets anything wrong.

As for the others I think they are part of the problem that seems to exist between Wednesday and the Local Media?

39 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Oof. 

It doesn’t really count if I edit my post does it...

A348B7B8-2CF0-418A-B9A2-F761D94BD7F0.jpeg

Slightly off topic but that was actually an incredible save from the keeper. If you watch a slowmo replay he gets his studs onto it to push it onto the post

27 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

As for the others I think they are part of the problem that seems to exist between Wednesday and the Local Media?

There is no problem between media and SWFC

None

All it is is that some Wednesday fans have changed from being all normal to ranting their heads off about how everyone's against us (when theyr'e not)

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There is no problem between media and SWFC

None

All it is is that some Wednesday fans have changed from being all normal to ranting their heads off about how everyone's against us (when theyr'e not)

If you don’t think that the Local Media are lapping up everything the Lower League Pep and the Bargainlacticos do and are not sticking the boot in at every opportunity to Wednesday then you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

If you don’t think that the Local Media are lapping up everything the Lower League Pep and the Bargainlacticos does and are not sticking the boot in at every opportunity to Wednesday then you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

So let's get this straight

ALL journalists, commentators, radio stations, papers, guest commentators etc are ALL against Sheffield Wednesday for some reason?

And it just happens to coincide with us not doing very well and being a bit skint?

They're just sticking the boot in

Even ex players and people in the media who are Wednesday fans - all just booting us in the face?

Why on EARTH would they all do that all at once all the time?

Owlstalk Shop

Nixon is always bang on the money, personally I don’t think he knows if we are under an embargo otherwise he would more than likely just say so , his reference to Wednesday is interesting though maybe the club is expecting some news 

and all these people claiming we’re under an embargo and will sell all our main players .... I’m pretty sure if we was to start selling players en masse now it would have zero affect on any embargo and with an embargo meaning we can’t sign anyone I’d doubt we will be reducing the squad size massively,  if anything ... selling a few more may point to generating funds to overhaul the squad 

Isn’t the truth that that the club have imposed its own embargo.

They are trying to shed some big earners to trim the losses by somewhere near £9million to convince the EFL  they are attempting to work within the rules.

If they succeed a fine ( which would only increase losses) and official transfer embargo would be avoided.