Embargo...

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Said it from the start and I will say it now if the top names were leaving they would be gone already. 

Am I right in thinking we didn't make 1 sub the other day in the friendly when 7 academy lads were on the bench. ( fringe player ones, barely feature at all probably) 

Now if we were selling on all our best players don't you think Jos would have wanted to take a look at some of these u23 players not leave them all on the bench.

Maybe we are close to an embargo and will be in one soon. But we are waiting to see how first few months of season is going.

If looks like promotion is a possibility then we gamble on going up and all our FFP / P&S problems are over.
If promotion looks very unlikely by December we start flogging off players in January. 

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Said it from the start and I will say it now if the top names were leaving they would be gone already. 

Am I right in thinking we didn't make 1 sub the other day in the friendly when 7 academy lads were on the bench. ( fringe player ones, barely feature at all probably) 

Now if we were selling on all our best players don't you think Jos would have wanted to take a look at some of these u23 players not leave them all on the bench.

We also know that Jos doesn’t really know how to use subs.

Pretty sure nethertonowl is making it all up.

40 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I can see there is still some disbelief that we are where we are. 

Lets assume that last season (given that we didnt remove any costs from our salaries, and only added to them with Rhodes (wages & transfer fee), Van Aken (wages & transfer fee), Pelepussy(wages & transfer fee) & paying off Carlos) - but lets assume and give the club the absolute benefit of the doubt that we did not increase our losses from the season before (which were £20.765m). Lets say last season we lost £20m (to keep things simple)... This is what we'd be looking at as an assessment of our 3 season accumulated losses

image.png.8077d59f44d056fa7c3a6c048e0d2ff8.png

Ive put last seasons £20m loss in red - but you can clearly see the net effect of that as 3 seasons accumulated losses of £50.52m (don't forget thats not the full amount thats assessed as investment in stadium/academy is deducted - although the figures Ive seen for this tend to be circa £1.5m per season for Championship clubs)... so you could knock £4.5m off that figure (which means we are still over FFP losses - but only just - which might be why weve been able to negotiate some time to avoid an embargo.

Now its clear we are on a cost cutting drive. Loovens and Wallace already gone - Hunt & Rhodes wages also gone (with £1.5m in for Hunt)... Lets say we manage to offload another player before the start of the season - and we manage to get this seasons loss to £10m... That STILL means that next seasons accumulated losses will be £50.7m - meaning that we shouldn't just expect to be taking a back seat this year - but next season too. You can see that if we can reduce our losses to £10m for the foreseeable we will be back under the FFP guidelines (and able to invest again) in 2021.

I wouldn't be expecting us to 'splash the cash' again for quite some time. THIS is why we arent signing anybody, this is why the Chairman needs to improve revenues (Club 1867/memberships etc)... 

We are in a financial mess.

image.png.6d7d99a1aea7cae361c7f3c5f46ec241.png

I think there will be more things to take into account. Before the Wembley season, we had the pitch and scoreboard built, money was spent on upgrading the training ground and corporate areas, and there's even things like the new owls put around the stadium. I know you have said £4.5m but that's probably without the extra stuff we spent money in 15/16.

You have also added wages from last season, but we had Rhodes for half the previous year, although you've not taken Winnall into account for a full year so will scratch that off even though Rhodes will be on a lot more money. However there is also McManaman, Sasso, Buckley, Sougou, Melo, Bus who would have been on the wage bill in 16/17 who were not on the wage bill last year. Even Helan for a few months too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we fell foul of FFP, but I think if we do, it will be tighter than you think

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe we are close to an embargo and will be in one soon. But we are waiting to see how first few months of season is going.

If looks like promotion is a possibility then we gamble on going up and all our FFP / P&S problems are over.
If promotion looks very unlikely by December we start flogging off players in January. 

Personally I think in this window the plan is offload the dead wood players Jos can do without then see if that works. if we can't shift enough of them then the best players may go in January to see us ok.

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Think he just looked at the bench when we were Losing and thought who can come on and change the game. None of them. (which speaks volumes about how much he sees them lot playing next season.)

Would have seen at least 3 or 4 of them had we been winning I think.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Personally I think in this window the plan is offload the dead wood players Jos can do without then see if that works. if we can't shift enough of them then the best players may go in January to see us ok.

I don't think we will see a fire sale of the best players in January if struggling but maybe FF will be moved on.

36 minutes ago, morley said:

Or maybe we don't have the cash to pay for foreign trips and stock for the shop because the previously sold multi year season ticket money is no longer in the bank?

Just a question. I know nowt.

Have a look at the thread on the shop. Do you also think the week in Chester will have been free. Probably cost more than going to Portugal but as Jo’s said without wasting two days going there and back.

why do people feel the need to make up poo to make the club look bad. 

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So after three promotions in Germany Jo’s now doesn’t know how to use subs. You really couldn’t make this poo up

2 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

Why would the club announce that we are skint, we will take any silly offers for players, and we cant bid for any players 

I'm sure all other clubs will think aww poor Wednesday lets take pity on them and play fair with our bids, because after all they were upfront with their fans 

I don't  think there are many secrets in the football  world,  others clubs will know our situation and vice versa. 

I do think fans deserve more respect though,  particularly  in view of pricing strategies announced.

Wrong name alltogether this FInancial Fair Play nonsense.

What the hell is fair about it when relegated PL clubs get a financial windfall that puts them well in front of most clubs.

If the club owner has the personal means to fund the club we should not be restricted from investing in our business.

21 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So after three promotions in Germany Jo’s now doesn’t know how to use subs. You really couldn’t make this poo up

It was a joke you nincompoop.

Based on the fact that last year he complained about tiredness and protecting the players...then flogged them all for 90 mins the very next game.

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I can see there is still some disbelief that we are where we are. 

Lets assume that last season (given that we didnt remove any costs from our salaries, and only added to them with Rhodes (wages & transfer fee), Van Aken (wages & transfer fee), Pelepussy(wages & transfer fee) & paying off Carlos) - but lets assume and give the club the absolute benefit of the doubt that we did not increase our losses from the season before (which were £20.765m). Lets say last season we lost £20m (to keep things simple)... This is what we'd be looking at as an assessment of our 3 season accumulated losses

image.png.8077d59f44d056fa7c3a6c048e0d2ff8.png

Ive put last seasons £20m loss in red - but you can clearly see the net effect of that as 3 seasons accumulated losses of £50.52m (don't forget thats not the full amount thats assessed as investment in stadium/academy is deducted - although the figures Ive seen for this tend to be circa £1.5m per season for Championship clubs)... so you could knock £4.5m off that figure (which means we are still over FFP losses - but only just - which might be why weve been able to negotiate some time to avoid an embargo.

Now its clear we are on a cost cutting drive. Loovens and Wallace already gone - Hunt & Rhodes wages also gone (with £1.5m in for Hunt)... Lets say we manage to offload another player before the start of the season - and we manage to get this seasons loss to £10m... That STILL means that next seasons accumulated losses will be £50.7m - meaning that we shouldn't just expect to be taking a back seat this year - but next season too. You can see that if we can reduce our losses to £10m for the foreseeable we will be back under the FFP guidelines (and able to invest again) in 2021.

I wouldn't be expecting us to 'splash the cash' again for quite some time. THIS is why we arent signing anybody, this is why the Chairman needs to improve revenues (Club 1867/memberships etc)... 

We are in a financial mess.

image.png.6d7d99a1aea7cae361c7f3c5f46ec241.png

If everything you’ve said above is correct.. I’ve had my head in the sand for the past season and not realised the severity of the situation we’re in and I think a few are in the same blast as me. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, PolarNigel said:

If everything you’ve said above is correct.. I’ve had my head in the sand for the past season and not realised the severity of the situation we’re in and I think a few are in the same blast as me. 

Everything up the 2017 figure of 20.765m is absolutely taken from club accounts - the rest is estimated based on clubs transfer activity (ins and outs) and average crowds etc.  I really hope its not true