Embargo...

2 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Been told yes we are under an embargo, more players to go , all  big names just haggling over fees. Very sorry to say this but it’s down to the kids. 

Who told you this? 

Your mate in the pub or the voices in your head? 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Wednesday are under an embargo, how would you keep it quiet??

But wouldn't surprise me if we find ourselves under one soon.

If we are under an embargo soon the people running the club want to take a long hard look at themselves.

longhardlook.png

Further to this alleged mass exodus from @nethertonowl...

If we selling off everyone, then we may want to start omitting the big names from pre season friendlies. 

It's not very wise to have other clubs prospective signings picking up injuries and knocks in meaningless friendlies. 

Someone might also might want to have told the lads before Mansfield that they were all off too. 

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So let's get this straight

ALL journalists, commentators, radio stations, papers, guest commentators etc are ALL against Sheffield Wednesday for some reason?

And it just happens to coincide with us not doing very well and being a bit skint?

They're just sticking the boot in

Even ex players and people in the media who are Wednesday fans - all just booting us in the face?

Why on EARTH would they all do that all at once all the time?

No they are not all against us but sometimes they do not always show good/common sense. The Mansfield game was a good point to illustrate this. The reporting was not balanced from the images it was clear more Mansfield players were involved than Wednesday players and the referee punished Mansfield players more than he did Wednesday which gives you an impression where more of the blame laid in his opinion. Yet quotes used were from their manager and more emphasis was placed on Wednesday than Mansfield. I said reporting was not balanced on this occasion and I stand by this.

Jos keeps his comments and actions under control which is admirable but does mean journalists only have opoosing managers comments to rely on.

There was times last season when questions needed to be asked and fully supported journalists in this.

I praise Journalists when they do a good job for example Howson did article on Profit and Sustainability recently and congratualted him on it. I think it is counter productive to criticise journalists constantly and would not condone this.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Who told you this? 

Your mate in the pub or the voices in your head? 

You must be cross eyed mate, you can’t see past the end of your nose, Ask yourself why, Jos said lower league and kids will be only signings, DC and everybody else had said we are close to FFP ( or whatever it’s called now). We haven’t signed one single player this summer, 8 from last year squad have gone. ( including kids loans etc)

We didn’t go abroad for pre season, there is fizz all in the club shop. 

Huge ticket prices.  Club 1867, and long term multi year season tickets . All designed to get money into club up front. 

People like Nixon suggesting we are in trouble, but you know better,

I work in a role which provides me with an insight into football contracts etc, I have know past and present Wednesday players, and we are in trouble. So yes if it’s voices in my head and it gets you a crack at somebody else fine . Me I live in the real world I am told we are screwed and It wee wees me off, 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

You must be cross eyed mate, you can’t see past the end of your nose, Ask yourself why, Jos said lower league and kids will be only signings, DC and everybody else had said we are close to FFP ( or whatever it’s called now). We haven’t signed one single player this summer, 8 from last year squad have gone. ( including kids loans etc)

Huge ticket prices.  Club 1867, and long term multi year season tickets . All designed to get money into club up front. 

I work in a role which provides me with an insight into football contracts etc, I have know past and present Wednesday players, and we are in trouble. So yes if it’s voices in my head and it gets you a crack at somebody else fine . Me I live in the real world I am told we are screwed and It wee wees me off, 

So it's your opinion. 

Not a fact. 

Thanks for clarifying. 

3 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Except Jo’s didn’t say that. He also explained why he didn’t want to go abroad. I’m sure the week in Chester was free anyway. Fizz all in the club shop? Really? What do you expect to be in there? The new kit or summat?

Just now, nethertonowl said:

No these are all supporting details    Which are out in the open to support what I have Been told, do keep up. 

Who told you then? 

A current member of the squad? 

A former player? 

Do tell. 

Just now, bladeshater said:

He's full of shiiiiite pal

Perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't. 

He claims to have been told this by someone. Makes vague references to his job where he's privy to footballers contractual details. 

Why not spill the beans?

Or is it just pure conjecture on his part?

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I can see there is still some disbelief that we are where we are. 

Lets assume that last season (given that we didnt remove any costs from our salaries, and only added to them with Rhodes (wages & transfer fee), Van Aken (wages & transfer fee), Pelepussy(wages & transfer fee) & paying off Carlos) - but lets assume and give the club the absolute benefit of the doubt that we did not increase our losses from the season before (which were £20.765m). Lets say last season we lost £20m (to keep things simple)... This is what we'd be looking at as an assessment of our 3 season accumulated losses

image.png.8077d59f44d056fa7c3a6c048e0d2ff8.png

Ive put last seasons £20m loss in red - but you can clearly see the net effect of that as 3 seasons accumulated losses of £50.52m (don't forget thats not the full amount thats assessed as investment in stadium/academy is deducted - although the figures Ive seen for this tend to be circa £1.5m per season for Championship clubs)... so you could knock £4.5m off that figure (which means we are still over FFP losses - but only just - which might be why weve been able to negotiate some time to avoid an embargo.

Now its clear we are on a cost cutting drive. Loovens and Wallace already gone - Hunt & Rhodes wages also gone (with £1.5m in for Hunt)... Lets say we manage to offload another player before the start of the season - and we manage to get this seasons loss to £10m... That STILL means that next seasons accumulated losses will be £50.7m - meaning that we shouldn't just expect to be taking a back seat this year - but next season too. You can see that if we can reduce our losses to £10m for the foreseeable we will be back under the FFP guidelines (and able to invest again) in 2021.

I wouldn't be expecting us to 'splash the cash' again for quite some time. THIS is why we arent signing anybody, this is why the Chairman needs to improve revenues (Club 1867/memberships etc)... 

We are in a financial mess.

image.png.6d7d99a1aea7cae361c7f3c5f46ec241.png

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't. 

He claims to have been told this by someone. Makes vague references to his job where he's privy to footballers contractual details. 

Why not spill the beans?

Or is it just pure conjecture on his part?

If he was privy to players contracts he wouldn't be on a fans forum spouting crap

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Who told you then? 

A current member of the squad? 

A former player? 

Do tell. 

That s right I ‘ll come on here and name my source , and betray a confidence just to shut you up. 

Should I post my account number and pin code too! 

I dont post loads and have positive rating suggests , that most others think I am sensible and might just be some body who does get info from inside the club. Not from down the pub. 

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I can see there is still some disbelief that we are where we are. 

Lets assume that last season (given that we didnt remove any costs from our salaries, and only added to them with Rhodes (wages & transfer fee), Van Aken (wages & transfer fee), Pelepussy(wages & transfer fee) & paying off Carlos) - but lets assume and give the club the absolute benefit of the doubt that we did not increase our losses from the season before (which were £20.765m). Lets say last season we lost £20m (to keep things simple)... This is what we'd be looking at as an assessment of our 3 season accumulated losses

image.png.8077d59f44d056fa7c3a6c048e0d2ff8.png

Ive put last seasons £20m loss in red - but you can clearly see the net effect of that as 3 seasons accumulated losses of £50.52m (don't forget thats not the full amount thats assessed as investment in stadium/academy is deducted - although the figures Ive seen for this tend to be circa £1.5m per season for Championship clubs)... so you could knock £4.5m off that figure (which means we are still over FFP losses - but only just - which might be why weve been able to negotiate some time to avoid an embargo.

Now its clear we are on a cost cutting drive. Loovens and Wallace already gone - Hunt & Rhodes wages also gone (with £1.5m in for Hunt)... Lets say we manage to offload another player before the start of the season - and we manage to get this seasons loss to £10m... That STILL means that next seasons accumulated losses will be £50.7m - meaning that we shouldn't just expect to be taking a back seat this year - but next season too. You can see that if we can reduce our losses to £10m for the foreseeable we will be back under the FFP guidelines (and able to invest again) in 2021.

I wouldn't be expecting us to 'splash the cash' again for quite some time. THIS is why we arent signing anybody, this is why the Chairman needs to improve revenues (Club 1867/memberships etc)... 

We are in a financial mess.

image.png.6d7d99a1aea7cae361c7f3c5f46ec241.png

Steady on old boy reasoned comments on here aren’t welcome only  pub talk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Maybe we are under an embargo and Wednesday is when it could be lifted depending on how well the league think we’ve done.

*wild speculation

Might be into something there we might have been given a certain deadline to meet demands of the FFP wedesday is when we find out that succeded or not 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, nethertonowl said:

Steady on old boy reasoned comments on here aren’t welcome only  pub talk

I'm just waiting for Sij to come and rip the clubs accounts to pieces and say the're wrong