Jack Hunt from #SWFC to Bristol City

20 minutes ago, Watson said:

He might have proved himself to Jos.  He will have full knowledge of his abilities, but I guess we will replace Hunt 

He may well have proved himself to Jos.

In fact he may well have had some fantastic training sessions.

I am sure you will agree this proves nothing compared to a run in the first team proving himself on the pitch.

FFS.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steveger said:

strange one this one, but i think the Bristol things a cover up, he's just finished filming series 3 of Preacher so will be busy..

Watch-AMC-Preacher-Season-One-Finale-Str

Check them undercrackers out !! 

That's the Hunt- ing Fishing Shooting range of "Predator Pants" 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

We signed Hunt from a Premier League club. Guess he is on very decent wages.

We can’t afford to sign somebody better and have Hunt as backup. Cloud cuckoo land.

The young lad who played against Norwich is not the answer. 

Presume it will be a loan to come in.

Ash Baker isn't a young lad he's 21. if he isn't ready by now he never will be. 

Feeling more and more like a positive move. We need to wheel and deal. We need to improve our full backs. We’ve got a decent but not special player in the last year of his contract and we’re in line to get reasonable wedge. 

You can either fret about whether we’ll get someone better in or trust that Jos will understand that we might just need to replace a first choice player. 

Stretch out and wait.

Not a total disaster that some are making out. Decent fee for a player that is into his final year on his contract. The money will give us the room to bring in Fred, and you’d imagine we’ll be looking for a loan or two as well. This doesn’t necessarily mean Palmer will be no.1 RB -  you’d think that Baker would be getting sniff next season and potentially a loan. 

Also didn’t Hutch start out as a right back? 

One big issue with Hunt is an uncanny knack of getting niggly injuries. 

Happens all the time with him. 

He's a decent player, but the fact Bristol City are in for him is pretty telling. They had a good season last year, but in the second part of it, their form fell off a cliff. Yesterday they signed Weiman from Derby. Another decent player, but not one to get massively excited about. 

Jack has been a good servant, but it's not the end of the world to move someone out every once in a while. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

He’s a very good left back. It would be a very negative move to let him go. He’s one of our only pacey players. I can’t see us replacing him with better. 

Do you have trouble with a sense of direction? 

lol

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

He may well have proved himself to Jos.

In fact he may well have had some fantastic training sessions.

I am sure you will agree this proves nothing compared to a run in the first team proving himself on the pitch.

FFS.

I never agree to anything on OT.  Only wimps agree FFS

• Haha 1

Jack Hunt is underrated in my opinion. He’s one of the fittest players at the club and has good energy and pace. He’s always a good outlet on the right and he’s perfect for the wing back role. Sometimes his final delivery isn’t the best and he does get a few niggles but I don’t think selling him for £1.6m is good business for us.

We have 6/7 players we could do with getting rid of and he isn’t one of those. I hope we know what we are doing here as Palmer is nowhere near good enough and Baker is still young.

• Haha 1

It's not so much Hunt going, it's the fact we're having our pants pulled down over the fee. 

Utterly ridiculous, allowing a player of Hunt's calibre to run his contract down to within 12 months of expiry. 

Maybe we've spoke to Hunt about a new contract, and he wasn't willing to sign one. Or maybe Jos believes he's replaceable.

Either way, it's going to be a tough ask to replace him with the bit of change we'll be getting from Bristol for his services. 

Whilst im not a massive Jack Hunt fan, his departure would make us an even slower team (if that's even possible cos we are devoid of any pace), i know he has no end product but i really hope we aren't thinking that Palmer is going to step up to the job. Can see us getting some unknown foreigner.

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Jack Hunt is underrated in my opinion. He’s one of the fittest players at the club and has good energy and pace. He’s always a good outlet on the right and he’s perfect for the wing back role. Sometimes his final delivery isn’t the best and he does get a few niggles but I don’t think selling him for £1.6m is good business for us.

We have 6/7 players we could do with getting rid of and he isn’t one of those. I hope we know what we are doing here as Palmer is nowhere near good enough and Baker is still young.

You are right actually. He manged to play 20 out of 46 games last year so more than most. 

• Haha 4

Hunt has pace but always lacked an end product and was a bit naive at defending. Average championship player.

If we are going to play 3-5-2, could Keiran Lee play RWB - he came as a right full back from Oldham and has the 'brain' to mix defending with attacking and has an end product. This would mean we could fit him, and Bannan into the team.