Jack Hunt from #SWFC to Bristol City

It seems like we may see a fair few moved on this summer.  

Some of the higher earners will go for sure.  

I would have hoped we would have got a bit more for Hunt.  2.5 million or thereabouts would have been about right imo. 

Still, money needs to come in and that right side needed a bit of a shakeup, so I think its a positive move.  

On a final point, I think Hunt has done a pretty decent job for us over the last three seasons.  His constant energy will be a big miss.  

I wish Jack all the best at his new club.

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

The most worrying thing for me (apart from selling our only decent full back) is...

If we're selling a first XI player for a paltry £1.6m to a rival side...who the hell is next?

if you sell Hunt with no decent cover, then westwoods gonna be a gonner for sure? Then who else?! 

Guess we've still got nearly 5 weeks left to buy players and until the end of August for loans and free agents so there's plenty of time for late business. Which is our speciality. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Guess we've still got nearly 5 weeks left to buy players and until the end of August for loans and free agents so there's plenty of time for late business. Which is our speciality. 

Just bothers me that if there was a player better than Hunt for less money, Bristol would have gone straight there and not signed Hunt

Guews we will see! Fingers crossed

Well according to the feeds Jos has 8 of the under 23s training with the first team, so I trust he's going to try and ckear up some room to give them a chance. I'm hoping if whomever he's lined up to replace Jack if needed he'll be using forward planning by having a look now in early pre season now, so if he decides they're not quite ready, hell have someone lined up to being in on loan. Personally I like the idea of trying to bring some of the youngsters through. It's cheap and effective when it pays off and what's the point in having an academy and paying out for coaches if your not going to use the players that cone through?? Adding to that if other youngsters see our academy kids progressing to the first team it may help better ones to join us over other teams with good first team prospects on offer here. 

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I'm happy with this. 

Good price and I wanted an upgrade anyway. 

He is limited in my opinion. But  very hard working and decent dribbler. 

As I'm sure we all do. The question is whether we will actually get one. 

The worry is that we are planning to go with what we've got which simply won't be good enough.

Dont get why everybody making a big deal out of it we selling a average injury prone right back .i dont mind hunt but he spends half the fame getting treatment

confident he wont be the last to move on , it stands to reason that those in the last year of there contract need shifting out for the best price we can get for them . with the fee and what we save on his wages that's over   2 million quid shaved of our running costs .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Well according to the feeds Jos has 8 of the under 23s training with the first team, so I trust he's going to try and ckear up some room to give them a chance. I'm hoping if whomever he's lined up to replace Jack if needed he'll be using forward planning by having a look now in early pre season now, so if he decides they're not quite ready, hell have someone lined up to being in on loan. Personally I like the idea of trying to bring some of the youngsters through. It's cheap and effective when it pays off and what's the point in having an academy and paying out for coaches if your not going to use the players that cone through?? Adding to that if other youngsters see our academy kids progressing to the first team it may help better ones to join us over other teams with good first team prospects on offer here. 

Well if we bring in a first choice rb/rwb and have a youngster as backup that's one thing. If we throw a youngster in as first choice and expect them to perform at a top 6 level then that's quite another. 

We'll go nowhere fast if the plan is to replace first choice seasoned pros with inexperienced lads from the under 23s.

• Like 1

Hunt's contract expires next summer. If Luhukay doesn't see him as the long-term answer for the right wingback role (assuming he sticks to the same system next season), then we may as well sell him now whilst he still has a reasonable value.

He's been a solid player for us during his time here, but he's not irreplaceable. His pace is a great asset, but his final ball was quite hit and miss and he wasn't always the most solid defensively. The fee seems slightly on the lower side of what I'd expect, but it could turn out to be a decent deal for all concerned as long as we have a plan in place.

10 minutes ago, Ronio said:

It seems like we may see a fair few moved on this summer.  

Some of the higher earners will go for sure.  

I would have hoped we would have got a bit more for Hunt.  2.5 million or thereabouts would have been about right imo. 

Still, money needs to come in and that right side needed a bit of a shakeup, so I think its a positive move.  

On a final point, I think Hunt has done a pretty decent job for us over the last three seasons.  His constant energy will be a big miss.  

I wish Jack all the best at his new club.

I don't get how people do not understand sometimes that wages are a bigger concern than transfer fee.