Jack Hunt from #SWFC to Bristol City

Just been on Sky

Transfer Centre LIVE!

The latest news and gossip from around the world with updates on Willian, Adrien Rabiot, Joe Hart, Andre Gomes and Cristiano Ronaldo.

20:44

BRISTOL CITY CHASE HUNT

Bristol City are close to signing Sheffield Wednesday defender Jack Hunt for a fee of around £1.75m, according to the Bristol Post.

Edited by andypandy
hit wrong button

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

As I'm sure we all do. The question is whether we will actually get one. 

The worry is that we are planning to go with what we've got which simply won't be good enough.

Course we will. 

Might be a prem loan but we definitely will... 

Unless Joss really rates Baker... but no we will defo get one. 

Bit disappointed if I'm honest. 

a) Although he has his detractors overall he's surely one of our better players

b) He's the only good Championship quality full back in the squad (in my opinion)

c) In a time of vastly inflated transfer fees we're somehow managing to sell him for less than we paid - typical Wednesday.

Of course, we'll only know if this is a good move when we see who we replace him with. If Palmer & Baker are our only right-backs then it doesn't bode well. If however we get in a bargain / loan and use some of the money to buy Venancio then overall I'd say it's decent business.

Must have been brewing for a few days cos on reflection he was the only member of the first team squad (except Winnall) that wasn't at Hillsborough on Sunday.

Guest ka58

Glad. He’s not great. 

We need freshening up anyway and it’s decent money and a chunk off the wage bill for someone who could leave for nothing next year.

of the players I’m worried about leaving hes way down the list.

He's been  a good player for us overall during his time here but he's not the best at defending and although he gets forward and into decent positions, very often the end product is awful.

He's also a bit soft and gets injured a lot.

Need somebody a bit less fragile and stronger in that position and hopefully one of the youngsters will come in and do the job.

Deserves a massive thank you and a standing ovation and our best wishes as he goes though.  

27 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

He could be the answer.

But surely he needs to prove himself better than Hunt on the field of play.

When he has taken hunts place Hunt then becomes dispensable.

FFS.

He might have proved himself to Jos.  He will have full knowledge of his abilities, but I guess we will replace Hunt 

Guest oz_owl

Reasonable fee for a player who almost certainly wouldn't have got a new deal at the end of the season, plus the club probably saves another £1m in wages.

Clears the way for Baker to stake a claim to that position following his very promising introduction, hopefully he's part of the new wave of youth players who can step up to the first team.

And the money and space on the wage bill likely means we can bring in Venancio plus a loan player.

We were told we needed to be creative in the market, and this is the type of move we should have expected.  I doubt it's going to be the last as we try to rebuild the squad.

No big loss him going poor defender, only thing he’s got is pace with no end product.

Would have been looking for better in that position anyway, don’t see this as a fire sale, more a chance to make changes which are needed.

Very rarely has an end product

Nesh

Injury prone

Can't cut crosses out

He's quick and he linked up well with Wallace in CC's first season.

£1.6m for an average championship defender in his last year...Great deal for us