Young George Hirst

2 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Let’s keep sending positive messages to George. He has a contract dispute (as a result of bad advice) but as far as i’m concerned he has no problem with the fans.  If we keep it positive both George and the club might just feel like there’s a benefit in compromise.  I want him as a part of our team of young home grown lads that wins this league next year. 

This is the best post I've read on here on the subject, im in total agreement with you pal.

I know things are done differently now but please let him come out when he moves and tell his side of the story so we can all get a more rounded view.

I got a side from a friend who brother plays for the development squads, that differed massively from DC. But you have to take what both sides are saying find somewhere in the middle and you will be nearer the mark.

The thing that I just don't get is if George is refusing to play and the club want him in training every day and playing for the youth team why are the a) paying him and b) why is there no FA ban or FIFA suspension.

What seems more likely as neither of the above seem to be happening is the club are still paying him but telling him to stay away from training/club. 

But this is not what they are telling us, I don't want to get into a he said she said but the facts of the case don't match up to what the club have said in the past.

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I know things are done differently now but please let him come out when he moves and tell his side of the story so we can all get a more rounded view.

I got a side from a friend who brother plays for the development squads, that differed massively from DC. But you have to take what both sides are saying find somewhere in the middle and you will be nearer the mark.

The thing that I just don't get is if George is refusing to play and the club want him in training every day and playing for the youth team why are the a) paying him and b) why is there no FA ban or FIFA suspension.

What seems more likely as neither of the above seem to be happening is the club are still paying him but telling him to stay away from training/club. 

But this is not what they are telling us, I don't want to get into a he said she said but the facts of the case don't match up to what the club have said in the past.

Hmmmm pretty conclusive if it’s from a friends brother who plays for one of the development squads whilst presumably still at school ?

He must be at the cutting edge of the negotiations!

4 hours ago, The Captain said:

With the benefit of hindsight, the club should have sold him to Leicester when the option was there last summer.  £2 million quid would have come in handy, especially with the our current FFP worries.  If Hirst goes this summer, we won’t even get one tenth of that amount out of a tribunal.

Just like 99% of the fanbase, I’ve no idea what has happened behind the scenes.  But the way that the player has been vilified by some fans isn’t on IMO.  There’s always 2 sides to every story and so far, we’ve yet to hear Hirst’s.

If we had sold him the fans would have crucified DC for short sightedness, whatever happens, DC will get both barrels.

In light of all the the foook ups and bad advice the Chairman has acted on in the last 12 months, it's totally believable and highly probable he has foooked up the George Hirst situation as well.

If we are capable of spunking 40 million on old injured and poo players, then screwing up the contract negotiations with our hottest prospect in 50 years was almost a certainty.

Find it interesting how people think some big teams will still be willing to throw a big deal at George Hirst despite him not kicking a ball for months