Young George Hirst

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's a perfect example if anything

He didnt' make that up, lie or tell fibs in any way shape or form

Things move on, things change and for example if George Hirst and Mr Chansiri got together and signed up a new contract that doesn't mean Kivo was wrong saying Hirst had been frozen out either.

Kivo knows people personally with regards to most things at the academy. And he NEVER EVER lies or makes stuff up.

But what about the people he knows? telling lies and making things up?.

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Mark my words, he will re-sign for Wednesday.

Call it a hunch.

Think you might be right, as the suitors he might have had may have now been put off until he proves himself at a lower level 

the club has took dogs abuse over this situation but it’ll be interesting to hear people’s opinions on the clubs handling of it if he does re-sign 

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Think you might be right, as the suitors he might have had may have now been put off until he proves himself at a lower level 

the club has took dogs abuse over this situation but it’ll be interesting to hear people’s opinions on the clubs handling of it if he does re-sign 

Hope you are right but I doubt it. He will still have plenty of suitors. Massive shame as he would have been getting game time now.

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

He is under contract at SWFC and is therefore bound not to discuss the issue in public. 

When he leaves in the summer i'm certain David will give their side of the story, and those claiming George is a greedy so and so will feel pretty daft.

George has taken a huge amount of stick (some of it bordering on slander) over the last six months, and has had to keep quiet while a whole load of horseshit has been spouted about him. 

No one bigger than the club, No matter what your name is. We offered a contract, largest offered ever to an academy player and it has been turned down. That is his decision and good luck to him in the future, move on. 

Why should Hirst senior give Georges side of the story and not George? 

Young George is a Wednesdayite, brought up at Wednesday. Will always be a Wednesday supporter, you know how it goes, the club chooses you etc (unless your name’s Maguire and then you swing like a bisexual pendulum).

A premier league club shows interest, and a big cheque is promised.

But the desire by that club to make it happen any time soon fades, and George starts to think, am I better off where I am, where I’ve always been looked after, and where I can now see I have a chance of first team football, based on my mates already being given that opportunity. 

A chance to play in the first team, for the club you support, with confidence to back himself to do well, he’d then expect to progress, knowing that later there would be talk of a decent contract.

FFS, it’s not rocket science, it’s common sense. Plus he’s been talking to Katrien someone reported a little while back.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NYowl said:

There is always room for compromise just wish whichever party is stopping Hirst from getting a game would get their head from up their backside.

Its doing us and Hirst no good.

Only time will tell if its done us any harm. At the moment it hasn't because he hasn't made the step up unlike Clare and Thornley. It may have done him more harm in the long run.

Oh yeah, and it would also fall into line with the club’s plans for next season. Signing up your best youngsters, giving them a chance, releasing some players on big wages, reduce expenditure, lower ticket prices if possible.

Your eyes and ears would’ve needed to have been glued on properly like. lol

Realistically and with hindsight we should have done the following 2 years ago:

Senior Strikers - Fletcher, Hooper and Forestieri.

Developing - Joao and Hirst

Move on Nuhiu, his main contribution is from the bench and it's not like he's changed games on a regular basis, why not give Hirst that opportunity.

Don't sign Rhodes and Winnall.

Looking at it now (not including injuries, thats just unlucky) the above makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

I would think that either side has the right to refuse to discuss potential future contracts while the player is in a current contract. This shouldn't mean that the player must be stopped from working (training or playing) within the terms of the contract. Don't understand it.