Young George Hirst

1 minute ago, Day before Thursday said:

Been said that we don't know what has gone on behind the scenes but appears to be about money because he wasn't going to be starting games for Leicester and would most likely gone out on loan, which is the plan SWFC had for him.

Had he signed a contract he would now be amongst those young players who have returned and been put into the first team squad. He would probably been at Rotherham who are doing well and would have provided him with ammunition in games to score goals and enhance his reputation, experience and value. Whatever the reasons he has been given bad advise by people close to him.

It does seem odd that he has opted to miss a whole season - he will, by the end of his career, most likely be a multi-millionaire. All this does is harm his development. Bad advise indeed. 

We shouldn't be throwing money at unproven potential that, if it came off, would send this club into orbit when we can guarantee improved returns by spending 6x as much on seasoned professionals like Buttercup who have the track record to get us out of this league.

• Haha 3

I would have thought a logical solution and comprimise to this whole sorry shenanigans would have been to include him in first team training.

If he was knocking them in left,right and center, then including him on match day would have been less of a unknown for the manager.

If he hadn't performed in the first team training then young George would have had a bit of a reality check.

Especially Dad, whom I think is the main character in this mess.

just saying.

18 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

I'm in for all 3

But mainly it's a shame. Potentially....! Cos no-one knows if he's any good except at u18 level

Agreed , in reality it's a massive step up from the kids to the first team no one knows if it would fall into place for George it's a big gamble tbh  if the club is erring on the side of caution I can understand it tbh ,perhaps if he had just got on with it then he might be leading the charge for a first team spot , but then again it might be the opposite ,whichever side is causing the stalemate has to give an inch or two but the more it goes on then George could fade into obscurity here,and other teams where he could end up will possibly be having second thoughts ,it's a sorry mess for the kid but there you go 

22 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

Agreed , in reality it's a massive step up from the kids to the first team no one knows if it would fall into place for George it's a big gamble tbh  if the club is erring on the side of caution I can understand it tbh ,perhaps if he had just got on with it then he might be leading the charge for a first team spot , but then again it might be the opposite ,whichever side is causing the stalemate has to give an inch or two but the more it goes on then George could fade into obscurity here,and other teams where he could end up will possibly be having second thoughts ,it's a sorry mess for the kid but there you go 

You are right.

One thing i don't understand is whatever has happened (and i've no clue) it doesn't seem right that he's been frozen out, unless the people acting on his behalf

have given the club no choice. Either way it's a mess

8 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Maybe he had no choice?

Agree. Whatever really went off, all I can say to George and whoever is advising him, hope it was worth it.

And I was hoping it would be something about Royalty.

Reminds me about the young Man Utd " Junior " pranching round Turkey on his hols with his G/F  wannabe wag latched onto his arm, and closely followed by a Man Utd " minder " to make sure noone

said boo to a goose to the little lamb.

Can't even remember the lads name, but he'd done nowt, and thought he was Gods gift.

54 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If I could ask the chairman one thing, it would be to resolve the situation with young George 

I know it's an emotive subject but I totally agree with you.

Why let one of the countries brightest young prospects go.

Yeah it might stick in some peoples throats how the situation has been handled but ffs that's football.

Come on both sides see sense please.