Young George Hirst

1 minute ago, steveger said:

Joking aside i hope both sides start a fresh and he commits to us, the lad certainly knows where the net is, just like his dad did....

I think pretty much everyone wants the exact same thing to happen, just that some are acting like spawned lovers

Let's hope it all comes good and he spearheads our dynamic new young side for next season

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, steveger said:

Joking aside i hope both sides start a fresh and he commits to us, the lad certainly knows where the net is, just like his dad did....

He is reportedly still watching our games so the interest must still be there.

2 minutes ago, sage owl said:

I'll try once more then give it up as pointless.

Lee / kivo

What was the reason George couldn't sign the contract he was offered.

Don't want your source or any names just the reason.

I'm not saying he couldn't - but he and his representatives clearly didn't think it was what he deserved so turned it down.

Happens all over the country at every club and either gets resolved or the player leaves at the end of their contract. 

Sadly, it got to the point where a resolution couldn't be found and he was prevented from playing. 

Chansiri has released his side of the story as he is entitled to - but Hirst is under contract so can't. 

Cue there being wild speculation he was demanding 10k a week and after a guarantee of first team inclusion, or that he never wanted to sign a contract because he wanted to leave etc - nonsense 

Guest We Shall Overcome
1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

Sadly, the Hirst ship has sailed. What a feckin mess. 

You are spot on there "The Bullshitter that went to 'Swansea" made sure of that, by playing 'Big lumps and Journeymen' and not going any were near the development squad!!!!   

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

I'm not saying he couldn't - but he and his representatives clearly didn't think it was what he deserved so turned it down.

Happens all over the country at every club and either gets resolved or the player leaves at the end of their contract. 

Sadly, it got to the point where a resolution couldn't be found and he was prevented from playing. 

Chansiri has released his side of the story as he is entitled to - but Hirst is under contract so can't. 

Cue there being wild speculation he was demanding 10k a week and after a guarantee of first team inclusion, or that he never wanted to sign a contract because he wanted to leave etc - nonsense 

So then Kivo. in your opinion, why would he not still sign and either show he is worthy of an improved contract or put himself in the window to other clubs. He himself is the big loser here.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I think it was, Rotherham was meant to be a potential destination but the move was put on hold due to the contract issue.

Seems an odd decision to cancel a loan deal just due to a contract dispute. Shame common sense didn't prevail, Hirst out on loan and proving himself, then agreeing a contract extension with us.

3 minutes ago, Triple O said:

So then Kivo. in your opinion, why would he not still sign and either show he is worthy of an improved contract or put himself in the window to other clubs. He himself is the big loser here.

He's banged goals in against every side put in front of him, won the league with the U23's and played and scored for England

Owlstalk Shop

As a professional footballer George must envy his mates graduating to the first team.

He could have a slice of that cake if he wanted it and what a great readymade platform swfc offers to build his stock.

Without being daft he could make it to the premier league with us in a little over a year.

Nothing I'd like to see more than this lad terrorise defences like his dad did.

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's a perfect example if anything

He didnt' make that up, lie or tell fibs in any way shape or form

Things move on, things change and for example if George Hirst and Mr Chansiri got together and signed up a new contract that doesn't mean Kivo was wrong saying Hirst had been frozen out either.

Kivo knows people personally with regards to most things at the academy. And he NEVER EVER lies or makes stuff up.

He is not the only one who does though, and the side I've heard is that it was George's side being the problem, not the club.

Definitely not saying he is lying, Kivo definitely is not one to do so, but I don't see it being black and white that the club are to blame for this stalemate. The fact the club have actually spoken out about it and the George side hasn't done so to call it all lies is also pretty telling.

Personally feel both sides probably have done things wrong, and both sides are too proud to do anything about it.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think pretty much everyone wants the exact same thing to happen, just that some are acting like spawned lovers

Let's hope it all comes good and he spearheads our dynamic new young side for next season

"spurned lovers "

2 minutes ago, smhouston said:

He is not the only one who does though, and the side I've heard is that it was George's side being the problem, not the club.

Definitely not saying he is lying, Kivo definitely is not one to do so, but I don't see it being black and white that the club are to blame for this stalemate. The fact the club have actually spoken out about it and the George side hasn't done so to call it all lies is also pretty telling.

Personally feel both sides probably have done things wrong, and both sides are too proud to do anything about it.

Yeah definitely

I just hope it gets ironed out

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

If he had a different surname no-one would care.

Yes big year ahead for him in a prem u23 squad...

I think if one of the other under 18s had scored a considerable ammont of goals consistently at junior levels and being picked for england in tournaments and stuff and this happened, I'd still be annoyed with the whole mess no matter what the surname was. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

I think if one of the other under 18s had scored a considerable ammont of goals consistently at junior levels and being picked for england in tournaments and stuff and this happened, I'd still be annoyed with the whole mess no matter what the surname was. 

Exactly

Plus what exactly is wrong with the romantic idea of a Hirst junior coming through the ranks to be the NEXT David Hirst anyway?

Nothing

I don't know why people use it as a stick to beat other people's opinions down when in fact the idea of a young Hirst in blue and white stripes getting us to Wembley is exactly what everyone wants

Owlstalk Shop

The doors are open for talks, according to one side.

There is one side willing to walk through the doors to try and settle it, according to one side.

The other side is not willing to walk through the doors to try and settle it, according to both sides.

What harm could there be, for the other side to go through the doors and talk it through, instead of just a flat refusal to talk.

An olive branch has been offered, that olive branch might be wrapped in barbed wire for all everybody knows, but they will never know until they go and talk.

Only one side stopping that happening.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Plus what exactly is wrong with the romantic idea of a Hirst junior coming through the ranks to be the NEXT David Hirst anyway?

Nothing

I don't know why people use it as a stick to beat other people's opinions down when in fact the idea of a young Hirst in blue and white stripes getting us to Wembley is exactly what everyone wants

I'm in the generation that was 15 in 1989 when senior started to really come into his own as a superb goalscorer and all round match winner and I agree in part. My point was that it dosent really matter who his dad was, I want the best for my club and its not good losing such a prospect no matter who he is I'd want to see them progress in a Wednesday shirt just like Clare and stobbs, we may have got Thorniley from Everton, but for me he is now one of ours and its great to see a young player come into the side and do well. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

I'm in the generation that was 15 in 1989 when senior started to really come into his own as a superb goalscorer and all round match winner and I agree in part. My point was that it dosent really matter who his dad was, I want the best for my club and its not good losing such a prospect no matter who he is I'd want to see them progress in a Wednesday shirt just like Clare and stobbs, we may have got Thorniley from Everton, but for me he is now one of ours and its great to see a young player come into the side and do well. 

100% totally agree

Owlstalk Shop