Young George Hirst

With the benefit of hindsight, the club should have sold him to Leicester when the option was there last summer.  £2 million quid would have come in handy, especially with the our current FFP worries.  If Hirst goes this summer, we won’t even get one tenth of that amount out of a tribunal.

Just like 99% of the fanbase, I’ve no idea what has happened behind the scenes.  But the way that the player has been vilified by some fans isn’t on IMO.  There’s always 2 sides to every story and so far, we’ve yet to hear Hirst’s.

Edited by The Captain

2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

With the benefit of hindsight, the club should have sold him to Leicester when the option was there last summer.  £2 million quid would have come in handy, especially with the our current FFP worries.  If Hirst goes this summer, we won’t even get one tenth of that amount out of a tribunal.

Just like 99% of the fanbase, I’ve no idea what has happened behind the scenes.  But the way that the player has been vilified by some fans isn’t on IMO.  There’s always 2 sides to every story and so far, we’ve yet to hear Hirst’s.

Yeah, in the end it's just a shame on both sides

4 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Who precisely has prevented him and his "advisors" from giving his side of the story?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Captain said:

He's presumably taken advice and gone with it so in the end it is down to him.

How a lad of 18/19 can think that wasting a year of his development is actually good for him is beyond me.

I’ve got a feeling he’s going to go on and have a successful career at a high level, but it’s very odd that he’s not willing to stay at the club he supposedly supports on a decent salary for someone his age. And knowing now that the new manager would play him if he is good enough 

If you asked any wednesday fan if they would want to be a striker for Wednesday, i think they would snap your hand off.