Young George Hirst

1 minute ago, Triple O said:

Then why didn't he show his affinity for the club, sign the much improved contract, possibly be getting on the pitch with the first team now (at least as a sub) and then let his advisers tout him round the prem clubs in the summer. Depending on how he played it would generate lots of interest.

If he then gets a better offer it would be good for him and for us as he would command a higher fee.

Just because he signs a contract it does not prevent him from leaving for something better.

Problem here is, it did with his dad. If David is offering him advice, and I would hope he is, then he has experienced first hand the downside of being tied to a contract as a professional footballer. That said, times have changed, I doubt Hirsty wouldn't have got his move to Man Utd in this era.

10 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

He's not chosen to move anywhere - he is a Wednesdayite who is gutted at being prevented from playing for his club. 

I'm not expecting a proper answer but here goes anyway.

Lee what was it in the contract offer that stopped George from signing it.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I believe Kivo

Why?

Because he knows his stuff, knows people who know 100% fact, and wouldn't know how to make something up or tell a lie to save his life.

I'm not saying he's telling lies but wasn't he spectacularly wrong about Clare (or was that someone else?)

The bit I'm not having is about George being 'gutted'

Just now, BIG D said:

wasn't he spectacularly wrong about Clare (or was that someone else?)

Nope. He was telling the absolute truth but let's move on.

I believe Kivo not your gut instinct when you don't have the level of contacts, access, experience that Kivo has. 

And he doesn't ever ever lie or make things up. It's not him. Its not in his nature and in all the years he's been on here he's never done so.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
17 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

He is under contract at SWFC and is therefore bound not to discuss the issue in public. 

When he leaves in the summer i'm certain David will give their side of the story, and those claiming George is a greedy so and so will feel pretty daft.

George has taken a huge amount of stick (some of it bordering on slander) over the last six months, and has had to keep quiet while a whole load of horseshit has been spouted about him. 

To be fair, so has the club.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hooper hasn't been fit for about two  months. Rhodes hasn't been doing it in terms of goals so it doesn't matter what his face is like. Giving a young player a shot from the bench for 15 mins to see how he gets on might just give them a toe up the arris.

The interview in the Star today with Tom Lees just shows how desperate he is to get back in now that he is fit and Thorniley has been playing well.

The contract situation has been going on since the summer though - when Hooper was fit, Forestieri was available, Fletcher, Rhodes, and Joao as senior strikers.

Even now, had Hirst signed a contract extension, I don't think he'd get game time (in the league anyway) above Rhodes and Joao.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

k th
I believe Kivo

Why?

Because he knows his stuff, knows people who know 100% fact, and wouldn't know how to make something up or tell a lie to save his life.

I prefer to have an open mind. I don't presonally know Kivo but have seen ( and agreed) with a lot of his posts on here over a lengthy time. But I don't think that he is 100% all the time take the recent Clare topic as an example.  Just saying.

35 minutes ago, Triple O said:

I prefer to have an open mind. I don't presonally know Kivo but have seen ( and agreed) with a lot of his posts on here over a lengthy time. But I don't think that he is 100% all the time take the recent Clare topic as an example.  Just saying.

That's a perfect example if anything

He didnt' make that up, lie or tell fibs in any way shape or form

Things move on, things change and for example if George Hirst and Mr Chansiri got together and signed up a new contract that doesn't mean Kivo was wrong saying Hirst had been frozen out either.

Kivo knows people personally with regards to most things at the academy. And he NEVER EVER lies or makes stuff up.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope. He was telling the absolute truth but let's move on.

I believe Kivo not your gut instinct when you don't have the level of contacts, access, experience that Kivo has. 

And he doesn't ever ever lie or make things up. It's not him. Its not in his nature and in all the years he's been on here he's never done so.

I believe 100% that he's been told what he's disclosed on here. The club undoubtedly see it differently. It's ever more likely that the truth will always be down to whose version you believe.

I'm therefore on the fence. Business negotiation gone sour.... So far

24 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Yeah, massive year for him.

When he realises he's going nowhere at Leicester and only non-league clubs are interested as times have moved on. And someone else is the next top prospect.

What will he decide? Stacking shelves at Morrisons or flipping burgers at McDonalds, because his 10 grand a week from Leicester won't last forever.

Think he's made a massive mistake and been let down by bad advice and greedy hangers on.

I’m sure if it is Leicester he’s at they will give their upmost support and give him every opportunity to develop into a top striker like his Dad . 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I believe Kivo

Me too. However, if Hirst wants to stay then he can do - no matter your knowledge on the situation.

Jos has shown he's prepared to give youth a chance - if that was the reason George hasn't signed, then it is no longer a valid reason like it was with the previous manager.

If it's down to money, should George be that good then the money will come - and I doubt what's been offered by Wednesday is peanuts.