Will there now be a mass exodus/incoming of players?

Is tricky due to timing.  He doesn't have a lot of time to evaluate and get rid in this window.  I think a fair few of our current players can up their game with a different ethos and formation. 

Undoubtedly Jos will see positives in some players for his tactics that Carlos didn't.

I suspect that less will be done at January than we think.

1. LB alluded to FFP restrictions in his press interview.

2. The man will want to have a look for himself. All this about worldwide watching the Championship is true enough but he will want to bed himself in

3. A number of players contracts are up in Summer anyway. If any really want to be sold now, let them

4. We "will" see loans, with a view to a possible purchase in Summer. Very little more.

5. And of course there is the injury list, which will tie his hands

6. I have my own list of players that I would not be unhappy to lose, but I am not on the big bucks

From Hertha Berlin fan forum  

"As I said, from my point of view it would be useful to get rid of Esski, Genki, Stocker, Schieber, Lusti, Langkamp and Duda .... we need to save the salary.
Before we let such valuable players go as Weiser, Stark, Jordan ... etc go"

Their fans say their squad is extremely bloated and don't see the reason for such a big squad.

Sebastian Langkamp may very well be available. 

Ondrej Duda is a 6ft winger, with 20 caps for Slovakia 

Players the fans want to keep are.... 

Mitchell Weiser is RB, 23 year old

Niklas Stark is Central Defensive Mid, 22 year old.

Jordan Torunarigha is a CB, 20 year old.

http://forum.herthabsc.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46&start=8250

Edited by bigash_swfc

You don't just get rid of players though, it's not that easy. 

George Boyd on £30k/week for 3 years, who's realistically going to pay that wage or even £20k if he was desperate to leave.

Abdi £25k a week for 2 more years, we payed £4m, not played regularly in 18 months. Who will even pay a transfer fee for the privilege of matching the wage of an injury prone player?

Rhodes on £40k/week for 3 years, cost £10m. In the worst form of his life. would anyone gamble on even £3m and get anywhere near his £40k per week wage demands?

3 examples, I have no idea how accurate wages are but it makes the point. So many out of form/injured highly paid, probably past their best players, we're not getting rid of them without them hitting some consistent form.

UTO

17 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Think you’re right. At 54 he himself runs 10k 4 times a week, does half marathons and goes mountain biking on his Sunday day of rest. He insists on keeping himself in peak fitness and I’m sure he’ll accept nothing less from players

Like the sound of that

Get to 50 points then have a mass clear out.

Start again. Will be costly to get rid of some but it’s needed.

I’d keep Lee, wildsmith, FF and reach 

Rest can go for me.

Not bothered about instant success. Let’s build for the medium term.

I just want to see a fit, passionate and committed group of players who look like they want to play for Sheffield Wednesday, then take it from there 

I’m expecting a couple of loans to come in.

I don’t see any going in January. All our best players are injured and I wouldn’t expect any to bid for our fit players because most of them are naff. Reach has obviously had a good season but we will keep him anyway.

Nuhiu, Loovens, Wallace, Pudil, Butterfield, Venancio should all be released at the end of the season. Some of those go with our best wishes but this is an opportunity to freshen it up. Offer new deals to Kieran Lee as long as he overcomes his injury problems as well as Wildsmith.

I see a situation whereby the likes of Reach/FF/Hooper/Lees/Van A/Wildsmith/Westwood and Joao are kept as they are reasonably fit or in Hooper's case clever. The rest will leave or vegetate in the McGugan suite and we'll be wasting £1,000s on unused players. it is what it is and is the only way out of the mess that has been our recruitment. 

29 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Think you’re right. At 54 he himself runs 10k 4 times a week, does half marathons and goes mountain biking on his Sunday day of rest. He insists on keeping himself in peak fitness and I’m sure he’ll accept nothing less from players

I'm a mountain bike too. Might ask if he wants to go for a spin. There some good stuff round Sheffield

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

As I said on a different thread, I can't see many of the squad fitting into his style of play, assuming what I've read is true. Our BIG BIG problem for me is the defence. This needs to be looked at ASAP. He has connections via an assistant with VAN Aken - if he can tap into his potential and use his connections to bring in a few loanees who can form a unit. that would be a start. The rest should not be rushed. When the injuries clear up we don't have that bad a squad other than at the back.

Its the midfield for me. We need more muscle and legs in the centre and more pace out wide.

Guest Jack the Hat
2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Its the midfield for me. We need more muscle and legs in the centre and more pace out wide.

That's exactly what my second port of call would be - but I would shore up the defence first, they are the foundation of the entire quad. If we could do both that would be awesome.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope we have a huge clearout

The Carlos era is over

Let's have a clear out and start an exciting new time at our club with some new superstars coming in and washing out the old

It's needed

We need players fit to be able to sell them though.

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I would think it's a wake up call and fresh start to many of the players. The complacent ones will need to wake up or gotten rid of and for the ones that hardly had a chance under Carlos it's a chance for them to earn their way back in. I'd get rid of a few players but some players could be like new signings. We've lacked pace and power for a long time and that's what we needed ever since after Wembley, hopefully we'll finally rebuild the team with some much needed pace and power?

Love the Football Hertha Berlin played when they got promoted, breathtaking

It was a shrewd gamble that back fired. We had a team that, injury free would have strolled into the premier league in either of the last two seasons. However, injuries were recognised as being our soft underbelly so Carlos set about his strategy of building a squad of two players in every position. Never for a moment did he, or anyone else for that matter, consider that these second stringers would have to form the nucleus of our first 11.

Hutchinson was our safe option. However, it was not until our second season that it was realised that Sam at centre back would have made a far more telling contribution at centre back. This was scuppered on the back of the Kieran Lee hip injury. Hutch .'. had to play midfield and quickly paid the price. Cracks were beginning to show as our expensive front line wasn't firing. Reluctantly we had to conclude that those brought in to fill every position either weren't good or fit enough.

Be interesting to see how Jos tackles the problem but I would expect movement in and out of at least three players, the ins coming from his own personal short list.