Will there now be a mass exodus/incoming of players?

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope we have a huge clearout

The Carlos era is over

Let's have a clear out and start an exciting new time at our club with some new superstars coming in and washing out the old

It's needed

Agreed.

I look down the squad list and I don’t rrally see anyone as indispensable anymore.

Westwood on form would be the closest for me, followed by maybe  Hooper and then Bannan.

The rest, due to a combination of patchy form and fitness issues are replaceable.

I would perhaps add Hutch to the list, but as a centre half where I feel he had a better chance of maintaining fitness and discipline. 

Get the right players around that spine (with pace, youth and a physical presence) and I think we’re onto something. Those 4 are also as close to leaders on the pitch as we have.

18 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

From Hertha Berlin fan forum  

"As I said, from my point of view it would be useful to get rid of Esski, Genki, Stocker, Schieber, Lusti, Langkamp and Duda .... we need to save the salary.
Before we let such valuable players go as Weiser, Stark, Jordan ... etc go"

Their fans say their squad is extremely bloated and don't see the reason for such a big squad.

Sebastian Langkamp may very well be available. 

Ondrej Duda is a 6ft winger, with 20 caps for Slovakia 

Players the fans want to keep are.... 

Mitchell Weiser is RB, 23 year old

Niklas Stark is Central Defensive Mid, 22 year old.

Jordan Torunarigha is a CB, 20 year old.

http://forum.herthabsc.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46&start=8250

I’m a Hertha fan and follow them closely so I know something about the players mentioned on the Hertha forum.

All of them played their part in Hertha's last two seasons when they qualified for the Europa League (and failed miserably!)

Interesting to note that 4 of them were Lukuhay signings. Langkamp played under him at Augsburg too.

Most of the players are in their late 20s and are now squad players rather than first team regulars.

Alex Esswein                              Right midfield                    27           41 apps

Still involved on a fairly regular basis. A better Ross Wallace, maybe.  

Genki Haraguchi                        Attacking midfield              26           91 apps                24 caps for Japan                 Lukuhay signing

Good solid pro but not a world beater. Featured heavily the last two seasons, but not so much this season.

Valentine Stocker                       Midfield                              28           68 apps                34 caps for Switz.                 Lukuhay signing

Marquee signing from Basel where he had a couple of fantastic seasons, including the Champions League. 

He never replicated that kind of form at Hertha though - a big disappointment.

Julian Schieber                            Striker                               28           40 apps                                                              Lukuhay signing

Started well but then got injured and never really got going again.

Fabian Lustenburger                   Defender/midfield             29            228 apps             3 caps for Switz.

Been around forever and is a reliable player – been at Hertha for 10 years, so lots of experience.

Sebastian Langkamp                   Defender                          29            106 apps                                                            Lukuhay signing

Followed Lukuhay from Augsburg, so is obviously rated. Still plays regularly.

Ondrej Duda                                  Winger                             23             9 apps                20 caps for Slovakia

Bit part player so the jury’s still out.

Obviously all signings are gambles. Any one of them could do a job but equally...

20 hours ago, debram said:

Only the fittest will survive the jos revolution, bring it on

Jos’s gladiator school-loving it. 

Not it sure what resources we will have under FFP to bring in new players. Also not sure anyone would be daft enough to buy any of our “stars”. Think the best way forward will probably be to try and get the best out of what we have, get rid of a few and get a few in on loan

I think it sad that so many fans have written off so many good players. 

We have very short memories. This squad got more points in the second half of last season than any other club, but half a season later they are over-rated has-beens.

Several things have clearly gone very wrong, but that doesn’t turn good into bad overnight. With positive management from Jos, a tweak or two of the squad, a serious improvement in fitness, and the current squad will quickly be back pushing for promotion next season.

1 hour ago, coruja said:

I’m a Hertha fan and follow them closely so I know something about the players mentioned on the Hertha forum.

All of them played their part in Hertha's last two seasons when they qualified for the Europa League (and failed miserably!)

Interesting to note that 4 of them were Lukuhay signings. Langkamp played under him at Augsburg too.

Most of the players are in their late 20s and are now squad players rather than first team regulars.

Alex Esswein                              Right midfield                    27           41 apps

Still involved on a fairly regular basis. A better Ross Wallace, maybe.  

Genki Haraguchi                        Attacking midfield              26           91 apps                24 caps for Japan                 Lukuhay signing

Good solid pro but not a world beater. Featured heavily the last two seasons, but not so much this season.

Valentine Stocker                       Midfield                              28           68 apps                34 caps for Switz.                 Lukuhay signing

Marquee signing from Basel where he had a couple of fantastic seasons, including the Champions League. 

He never replicated that kind of form at Hertha though - a big disappointment.

Julian Schieber                            Striker                               28           40 apps                                                              Lukuhay signing

Started well but then got injured and never really got going again.

Fabian Lustenburger                   Defender/midfield             29            228 apps             3 caps for Switz.

Been around forever and is a reliable player – been at Hertha for 10 years, so lots of experience.

Sebastian Langkamp                   Defender                          29            106 apps                                                            Lukuhay signing

Followed Lukuhay from Augsburg, so is obviously rated. Still plays regularly.

Ondrej Duda                                  Winger                             23             9 apps                20 caps for Slovakia

Bit part player so the jury’s still out.

Obviously all signings are gambles. Any one of them could do a job but equally...

Langkamp for me from that list, realistic and would definitely improve our defense. If we could get weiser and stark, they would  be awesome signings, have top quality  potential  but unlikely and think they will go to bigger german clubs.