Will there now be a mass exodus/incoming of players?

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

I'm happy with Jos over many of the merry-go-round managers being linked. To do what he's achieved is impressive, but I can't help feel that our group of players isn't suited to him at all. It seems he wants fit, hard-working, solid players which are a total opposite to a lot that Carlos brought in (unfit, talented but mentally and physically weak).

So do people see a mass turnover of players coming either in now or summer? I can see Jos bringing in a few of his choices, and giving most a chance to impress until the summer. But I can then see a lot not being what he wants and let go (by that I mean half the squad!), and hopefully replaced with quality. 

And I don't think anyone would blame him based on the gutless displays shown this season. But on the other hand could Jos manage to get these players fitter, more hard working himself? That would be impressive and would turn us into a far better team, but based on our aging squad im not sure he will.

It's evolution vs revolution. And personally I feel a revolution might be coming, which might well be what is needed.

I agree, I think hes going to need to tear up Carlos blueprint and start from scratch, been saying for 2 seasons were mentally and physically weak and most importantly without Loovens (who 2 old for championship football and needs putting out to pasture) and hutch we look rudderless as there's very few who have the ability or desire to step up and take control, organise and kick butt when needed. 

Would love if Jos managed to being us in a good strong German monster or two with that famous German Iron will and toughness we've come to expect. 

Maybe get a good return on Nando and bazza in the transfer market and bring us a mauritzio Gaudino type playmaker in if anyone remembers him and Uve Rossler at man City years ago. 

Well let's see and hopefully onwards and upwards OvO 

23 minutes ago, burncross owl10 said:

Hoe does he weed them out though-the ones on long contracts they dont have to go anywhere?

The last time I looked the contracts of virtually all the first team squad expire either this summer or in 2019. If this is still the case then the new manager has a great opportunity to to be ruthless and sort out the wheat from the chaff! My hope is there is a big turnover of players. Ideally it would be good to see some permanent signings this transfer window with a view to launching a determined promotion bid next season, but FFP may scupper that hope.

2 hours ago, Manor Owl said:

I suspect that less will be done at January than we think.

1. LB alluded to FFP restrictions in his press interview.

2. The man will want to have a look for himself. All this about worldwide watching the Championship is true enough but he will want to bed himself in

3. A number of players contracts are up in Summer anyway. If any really want to be sold now, let them

4. We "will" see loans, with a view to a possible purchase in Summer. Very little more.

5. And of course there is the injury list, which will tie his hands

6. I have my own list of players that I would not be unhappy to lose, but I am not on the big bucks

Screenshot_20180106-134828.thumb.png.55874eaa261311566cb91adf72cfdf04.png

Fox, Abdi, Loovens, Nuhiu, Jones, Butterfield, Wallace, Pudil, Matias, Rhodes.

All got to be gone in this window or the next. It will be tough. I bet they're on good wages and can't imagine many clubs queuing up for them. Jury still out on Palmer, Hunt, Joao, Fletcher too. Big changes needed.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

5 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Think you’re right. At 54 he himself runs 10k 4 times a week, does half marathons and goes mountain biking on his Sunday day of rest. He insists on keeping himself in peak fitness and I’m sure he’ll accept nothing less from players

Wow that's impressive for a guy over 50, he sounds like a fitness freak. The players aren't gonna know what's hit them over the next weeks, and long overdue! I'm sure Jos has already found Grenoside woods as a potential fitness training location. :luhukay:

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fox, Abdi, Loovens, Nuhiu, Jones, Butterfield, Wallace, Pudil, Matias, Rhodes.

All got to be gone in this window or the next. It will be tough. I bet they're on good wages and can't imagine many clubs queuing up for them. Jury still out on Palmer, Hunt, Joao, Fletcher too. Big changes needed.

Loovens, Pudil, Dave, Wallace are out of contract in the summer - all should be released. Venancio and Butterfield to be sent back. That’s a start.

Who would take Fox, Abdi, Matias or Rhodes based on recent performances ?

If someone takes a punt on Rhodes due to his past history, I would snap their hand off. I’d take a 50% hit on his fee - it would release a significant weekly wage which could be better utilised 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

May find it difficult to move players on this winter, but I can see 3-4 loan players coming in

We need a couple of pacy attacking options for the wing or up front. Apparently Sunderland are after Ben Woodburn - why can’t we go for him?

Guest wilyfox

Had Carlos stayed, I'd have said evolution. But, that squad/regime ran out of steam and does now need revolution. When things go as stale as they have, one or two changes probably won't cut it.

That group tried, came close, but didn't quite make it. Now we start over with an overhaul. 

7 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

I'm happy with Jos over many of the merry-go-round managers being linked. To do what he's achieved is impressive, but I can't help feel that our group of players isn't suited to him at all. It seems he wants fit, hard-working, solid players which are a total opposite to a lot that Carlos brought in (unfit, talented but mentally and physically weak).

So do people see a mass turnover of players coming either in now or summer? I can see Jos bringing in a few of his choices, and giving most a chance to impress until the summer. But I can then see a lot not being what he wants and let go (by that I mean half the squad!), and hopefully replaced with quality. 

And I don't think anyone would blame him based on the gutless displays shown this season. But on the other hand could Jos manage to get these players fitter, more hard working himself? That would be impressive and would turn us into a far better team, but based on our aging squad im not sure he will.

It's evolution vs revolution. And personally I feel a revolution might be coming, which might well be what is needed.

We are a week into a month long transfer window

Most of our saleable players are out for 4 weeks or more according to Bullen.

If this really is the case we won't be seeing many departures in January.

Providing some of the crocks can have a decent last couple of months of the season we might be lucky enough to trade out of part of the looming Profit anf Sustainability problem in the summer.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope we have a huge clearout

The Carlos era is over

Let's have a clear out and start an exciting new time at our club with some new superstars coming in and washing out the old

It's needed

Spot on Neil 

Its time to press the Reset button and go again.