Will there now be a mass exodus/incoming of players?

18 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Correct. Venancio and Butterfield will be sent back. 

Kieran Lee and Wildsmith are out of contract. I expect Wildsmith will be given a 4 year contract and Lee a 2 year deal

as long as he can prove his fitness.

Wildsmith was given a 5 year contract earlier in the season.

21 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Wallace is out of contract at the end of the season. 

We will struggle to get a buyer for the other 3. Matias and Abdi in particular

I can see Matias being loaned to a team back in Portugal this month.

Thing is we can't really get rid of a lot yet anyway. We need them to play because of the injuries. Need to get more bodies in really. Our best bet is releasing the out of contract dead wood in the summer. Don't think any of the out of contracters deserve another shot. 

Only thing I'd do is attempt to sell Fox now. Promote Penney to battle for LB spot with Pudil then. He'd have a 5 month trial then essentially. Does really well he can stay in first team squad as back up for next season if not he can go out on loan for season in summer. Release Pudil at end of contract too 

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

The problem is that the only really saleable assets we have are the players you'd rather keep.  We would definitely make a good profit on Winnall, but again, I wouldn't mind the club taking another look at him if possible.

Unless we agree to subsidise the wages of some of the players if they agree to move clubs, I think we're going to be stuck with them until their contracts run out.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

People still rating Hunt!? Both full backs need replacing, as does a new CB, CM and a bit of pace up top

Pudil, Hunt, Fox and Palmer all need replacing none of them are good enough.

Edited by s6 owl

Sam Hutchinson also need replacing as first choice DM and it pains me to say that because i love everything about the bloke as a footballer and a man but you can’t build the midfield around a player that just cannot keep fit, his position is too much of a crucial a role to be filled by a man who misses the amount of games that Sam does.

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

I'd go further. Hunt, Lees, Reach , Winnall and Joao. Those five have shown this season that they don't offer very much. Unless Lee and FF prove their fitness I can see them also being shown the door. It requires a mass clear out. New manager, new regime. 

Sorry but how you can say Reach doesn't offer very much is beyond me - he's often the only creative force in the team.  I reckon Winnall might be worth another go as well.

The problem we will have is trying to find someone to take some of our players off us. Who realistically is going to sign Abdi or Jones. 

I said after losing to Huddersfield that we needed to make changes, I still stand by that now and probably would like to see bigger changes. 

I dont think id really be too bothered if any player was to leave, this squad needs a full overhaul.

Centre backs need looking at personally I'd be looking for 2.

Both full backs need sorting.

The most important is central midfield we need someone who can do a bit of everything, pass, tackle, score etc (as close to Jonjo Shelvey as we can) 

Pace out wide. 

The real problem will be getting rid of the players who clearly are not good enough and who have contracts for another 1 or 2 seasons.  As we saw with McGugan, it's too easy for them to just stay at the club being content to take their wages and not be involved.  Only those who have some level of self respect and motivation to find another club and possibly take a reduction in wages in order to get a regular game, would be likely to move on.  I suspect few if any will have that kind of attitude.  It's an indication of how poor the recruitment was under CC.  We can only hope that future recruitment is better quality and perhaps shorter length contracts in order to protect the club from even more "passengers"

We need an enforcer in the middle,a type that reads the game,tackles breaks it up and has a very high pass ratio,but not afraid to carry it,scores a few goals,has height,in short a CB thats got the skill to step up,and has a touch of pace,could be Van Aken? maybe,a new Carlton Palmer,drives us foreward in attack,keeps us solid in defence by nulifying the danger.

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope we have a huge clearout

The Carlos era is over

Let's have a clear out and start an exciting new time at our club with some new superstars coming in and washing out the old

It's needed

The impression I got from most of your fan base was that you had one of the best squads in the league, but they were being mismanaged by Carlos, mainly due to his negative style. Is your belief now that the squad is not good enough? I'm not saying you personally said this, I am just curious. 

12 minutes ago, Bladeor said:

The impression I got from most of your fan base was that you had one of the best squads in the league, but they were being mismanaged by Carlos, mainly due to his negative style. Is your belief now that the squad is not good enough? I'm not saying you personally said this, I am just curious. 

A lot of our fans have massively over rated our squad. 

Personally I've always felt our squad was very average with 1 stand out player who gave us a sniff of promotion. (Forestieri)

As it stands, our best team is still the team from our first play off campaign. We've squandered millions since and never improved. We now can't even field that side due to injuries. 

You dirty pigs are in a similar position to us a couple of years ago. You better hope you take your chance this season because McCabe won't spend much and it will be a lot tougher next season.

27 minutes ago, Bladeor said:

The first choice 11 we are used to sticking out are a match for anyone in the division,we did newcastle home and away last season,we were a tad unlucky at brighton,but we pushed them hard.

Weve barely had that side all season,the one glaring mistake weve made is not bringing in players that have pushed that starting 11 hard enough,weve gone like for like and its too predictable,and relied on trusted performers even though they were getting on,when we should have replaced them.

Pretty sure the guy weve brought in will sort that,and quick,Stuttgart dont appoint mugs,there a MASSIVE club in Germany,55,000 every week,60K stadium,its a massive club that competes at the top end of the bundesliga,he needs time

Edited by legendaryswan

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

A lot of our fans have massively over rated our squad. 

Personally I've always felt our squad was very average with 1 stand out player who gave us a sniff of promotion. (Forestieri)

As it stands, our best team is still the team from our first play off campaign. We've squandered millions since and never improved. We now can't even field that side due to injuries. 

You dirty pigs are in a similar position to us a couple of years ago. You better hope you take your chance this season because McCabe won't spend much and it will be a lot tougher next season.

I agree that your squad was overrated. I think you probably have the most famous squad in the league due to a lot of journey men. But I never thought it was one of the best squads. Your wage bill musty be astronomical too.