Will there now be a mass exodus/incoming of players?

The issue for all clubs, let alone one in a mess like we are at present on-field - is that clubs need to want any of our players, that we want shut of.

I think the only realistic way for Jos in January is as has been mentioned via loans till may, or we get a silly money bid for any player from Swansea for e.g. that would enable some additional funds for full transfers, for the likes that will fit Jos' work ethic, fitness and so on.

It's a hard one to predict this time, we don't know exactly how close to FFP we truly are and how many of our current lot have been recently scouted, wanted by other teams.

I reckon that it is just a waiting game and see what we end up with come end of this month.

How many of our players (who are not out of contract at the end of this season) do you think would attract interest from other teams who would be prepared to pay them the kind of wage I would imagine they are on at Wednesday? (Not many IMO possibly Hooper, Westwood, FF, Bannan, Reach? Some other members maybe Lee,and Lees I haven't included because of injury )

Assuming this to be the case,how many do you think would be open to a move which would pay less money? 

So how do we go about the "moving on" of our ageing, overpaid perpetually injured squad?

It doesn't sound an easy ask to me and I'm glad I am not the one who is going to have to try to facilitate this task.

Edited by burncross owl10

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Fresh start for all I would guess. Three or four needing to impress for new contracts. Four or five just needing to impress. I'm looking forward to what he manages to achieve with the likes of lees, lee reach and hooper personally.

But I think we will see a few German loanees arriving in the next few weeks. Can't see many leaving due to lack of time to assess them, lack of fitness  lack of players, lack of interest in taking them.

Yes, German or Dutch loanees sounds most likely, with carte blanche authority to start weeding out those he feels aren’t up for the fight.

I get the feeling that some who were out of favour will be in favour and vice versa. I suspect if given free reign lots of new faces will arrive.

Think real problem as indicated by a previous respondent will be moving some of these on. Best hope is if they are medically retired and we may get compensation.

15 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Fresh start for all I would guess. Three or four needing to impress for new contracts. Four or five just needing to impress. I'm looking forward to what he manages to achieve with the likes of lees, lee reach and hooper personally.

But I think we will see a few German loanees arriving in the next few weeks. Can't see many leaving due to lack of time to assess them, lack of fitness  lack of players, lack of interest in taking them.

True on this regarding the outgoing of players (unforunately). I just hope we see a few permanent signings of his own not just loans, as he will have a wide knowledge of the German leagues there and who he wants. Though the problem is will he be able to bring those in without sending some out, that could be the stumbling block.

The positive thing in all this is we know Jos will be given time by DC, and in my opinion it is going to take time to get this squad either fitter and more committed - or changed for new faces who match his work ethic.

As we know, after Wembley we needed more pace and power. It didn't happen and we have slowly declined with the passing of time since.

That was almost 2 years ago, and i believe the rebuilding job will take at least 2 transfer windows to achieve.

Rolling stones gather no moss...and we have gathered some right moss in the past 18 months, but for one i am excited to see what the future will bring!

7 minutes ago, Gray1867 said:

Apart from Westy, Lees, Hutch, Lee, Hooper & Fessi the rest can go for me

To me that’s part of the issue.

From that list the first 5 always have lengthy spells on the treatment table with FF likely to throw a tantrum at the first thing that doesn’t go his way

Reading between the lines Jos wants a smaller fitter squad with a good team spirit. Although these players are all good players they don’t really fit the remit of what reportedly the manager wants

Everyone of the current squad have to take some responsibility to the position we are in. 

For me clean slate for everyone with everyone having 5 months to get fit and prove your worth to the club

if in that time you ain’t up to it then doesn’t matter who you are pack your bags and let’s get players in who will do the job 

We just need players who can play together. No need for 11 superstars, Huddlesfield proved that so long as everyone knows what they and each other are doing.

As I’ve also stated many times before, expect a few players brought back into the fold and others who miraculously find another couple of gears now the new guy is here.

• Thanks 1

What will be interesting is how this happens and how quickly. I said to piggy pals sticking the knife in during the gruelling last few weeks under Carlos, I was excited by our predicament. Carlos was going but was confident that the next appointment would serve to correct mistakes first then build for another promotion push.

42 minutes ago, debram said:

Only the fittest will survive the jos revolution, bring it on

Think you’re right. At 54 he himself runs 10k 4 times a week, does half marathons and goes mountain biking on his Sunday day of rest. He insists on keeping himself in peak fitness and I’m sure he’ll accept nothing less from players

7 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

To me that’s part of the issue.

From that list the first 5 always have lengthy spells on the treatment table with FF likely to throw a tantrum at the first thing that doesn’t go his way

Reading between the lines Jos wants a smaller fitter squad with a good team spirit. Although these players are all good players they don’t really fit the remit of what reportedly the manager wants

Everyone of the current squad have to take some responsibility to the position we are in. 

For me clean slate for everyone with everyone having 5 months to get fit and prove your worth to the club

if in that time you ain’t up to it then doesn’t matter who you are pack your bags and let’s get players in who will do the job 

I agree with what you’re saying about the injuries but I’m just saying that these are the only players we have of real quality and would be exspensive to replace.

If fessi attitude is still poor when he comes back he can also go for me, but hopefully Jos can get the best out of him cause we all know when he’s on it he’s one of the best in the league.

Our players aren't geriatrics, nor are they bobby.

Their confidence is shot, and the fitness regime under Carlos wasn't up to scratch.

If this new bloke is defence-oriented, then probably the bulk of our defence will need replacement, but that was true anyway.

Let's face it, only Lees is up to scratch when fit, and Van Aken is still learning his trade.

We'll need a Huddlestone in the middle, but again we needed that anyway.

It's not so much that our players are duffers, it's that they need complementing.

4 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

To add, the vast majority of the team have let us down this season. I won't feel sorry for them if they are found out of favour.

Couldn’t agree more. With very few exceptions any and all could go and I’d not be upset. 

In years gone by id struggle to say that but now we could lose Any player and I’m confident we won’t miss them.