Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

26 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Difference between being dropped and being rested.

You did hear the press conference about Joao being absolutely knackered at Forest after doing his first 90 minutes for months and working harder than he's ever worked in a Wednesday shirt?

A

And goodnights rest and he should easily be able to do it again.

Happy enough with that team.Bullen actually gives proper reasons for it.

He said after the Forest game Nuhiu probably earned a start there and was unlucky.

Him and Rhodes together makes sense.Joao will be kept fresh for Monday as i hope will Abdi.

Rather see Matias than Wallace but right now fair enough.Hopefully a new proper winger arrives in Jan.

Looking at the team selection again , and depending on exactly how we line up ... is Lee planning on going for Atdhe as the big target man and putting some faith in Rhodes ?  He’s scored a lot of goals playing off a target man before , and lee did seem to be bigging Rhodes up to the press this week 

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Have a feeling that will be the game when Hutch gets a breather and a more attack minded midfielder is put in . 

Agree, hopefully Bannan back for Burton and more minutes today at some point for Abdi, maybe a run out for Matias and Joao too plus Hunt's return to the squad means Hutch, Loovens can be rested on Monday and a more attack minded team put out against Burton.

2 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Wow just wow, awful line up I’m struggling to comprehend after how we played at Forest with Joao and Abdi 

Several games in a short space of time. Rotation is key and Bullen recognises this. Hopefully you can comprehend this now.

We can't play the same team so quickly so soon.  Some need to be rested, Hoops and VA are not going to be risked, we can't 'outplay' Brentford away without a full strength squad...I can totally see why he's gone with this line up.  Keep it tight, get forward quickly and get the ball to Nuhiu and let him cause havok!  

Edited by Suzuki_San

Nuhiu will take a hell of a lot of the workload off Rhodes. which will hopefully let him find that space in the box to do damage

Happy with Hutchinson and Butterfield together in the middle too, should complement each other well

im going for 2-1 Wednesday. Rhodes and Wallace with the goals

17 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Not as enthused with that line up as the team / formation for Forest.....................it DOES look like a Carlos selection but hopefully with the brakes OFF,

Very very surprised to see Hutch start a third game in such a short space of time.

That has been the biggest problem. I think the players have been as frustrated as the fans. I see no reason why they should not all show improved performances if the brakes are off now.