Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

Guest everydays_wednesday

Really tough game manager or not.

I hope for Bully and the travelling fans we win but see 1-1 Rhodes.

Come on Wednesday.

What a time we've had, an owner having a go at the fans for not being nice to everybody,

Carlos manager until the end of the season until he wasn't.

Bullen the assistant manager until he wasn't.

A squad who couldn't even get a shot on target until they did

A  defence which couldn't keep a clean sheet until they did.

McClaren odds on to become manager at Hillsborough, until he wasn't.

Carlos unemployed until he gets the job at Swansea, a team he's supported since he was a twinkle in his fathers eye if you are to believe his press conference.

Confused? You soon will be. More twists and turns to come. We've had a lot of dull moments this season but the last week has made up for it.

No Snoots today so here are the runners and riders,

Ollie Watkins could be back for Brentford after missing the Bees' Boxing Day victory over Aston Villa with a foot injury.

But John Egan (head) and fellow defenders Josh Clarke (ankle) and Henrik Dalsgaard (heel) are doubts.

Sheffield Wednesday interim boss Lee Bullen might be without striker Gary Hooper, who sustained a knock during the win at Nottingham Forest.

Almen Abdi could start after impressing as a substitute at the City Ground.

Match facts

• The Bees have won one of their past 11 home matches against Wednesday in all competitions (D5 L5).
  • The Owls have lost just one of their past nine league matches against Brentford (W5 D3).
  • After losing four of their first seven Championship games of 2017/18, Brentford have lost just two of their 17 games in the competition since (W8 D7).
  • The Yorkshire side are looking to record back-to-back away victories in the Championship for the first time since April, when they won their final three away trips of 2016/17 (excl. play-offs).
  • Lasse Vibe has netted five goals in his past four Championship appearances, including the winning goal against Aston Villa last time out (2-1) - the Dane has failed to score in any of his first 11 matches this season.
  • Adam Reach has made six assists in the Championship this term, at least twice as many as any of his teammates (Gary Hooper has the next most with three).

A poor substituted for Snoots I grant you but it's all you are getting by the looks of it. Let's carry on the good work and stuff Brentford.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just received a minor rebate on my water bill for the year so I am riding the crest of this wave of a good omen an predict a firm and convincing win for us. 2 - 0?

Min you, I saw "The Omen" way back when and it didn't turn out to be goo news at all (especially not for Billie Whitelaw!)

• Haha 1

If van Aken is injured then I guess it'll either be Venancio or Pudil filling in. If Hooper's out, then maybe it is time for Abdi?

Wonder if Bullen will keep Wallace and Joao on the flanks, with Reach playing through the middle

Can't see him dropping Wildsmith, Palmer, Loovens, Fox and Hutch

Guest Bulgaria

i will be in the home stand to the right of the swfc fans along with my Brentford season ticket pal. Hope its like last time when Lucas got a last minute winner!!  Had to sit on my hands for that one.

Have a soft spot for the bees, always think they are gonna score loads against us at Griffin park but they never seem to.

Tough one today...

head says 2-1

Heart 2-3.