Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

6 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I fear a humbling 3-1 defeat today.

Tough game against a well drilled unit, who will happily pick us off if we adopt a gung ho approach.

Big test for Bullen today. His selection and setup will tell us a lot about whether he's up to the job. 

I don't normally post on this particular thread, but since Snooty needs a pick me up.......Brentford 1   Wednesday 2. Good luck lads.

Pudil as left centre half. 

To be honest, he's had his best games for us in that position in the last 18 months.

Interesting to see big Atdhe Nuhiu up front with Jordan Rhodes

Rhodes best career runs have always come when he's been playing up with a target man. Novac at Huddersfield and Gestede at Blackburn.

Is that in Bullens thinking today perhaps?

The rumour about Joao being absolutely knackered look like they might have been true.

It's fair to say I've never see the lad track back and work at hard as he did at Forest.

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, Watson said:

Surprised at NuHiu over Joao.  Like to no the reasoning behind it.

All i can think is that Atty is better winning defensive headers.

Really can't see where any creativity comes from with that line-up.  Looks like Wallace is back on the right again so will be for ever cutting inside.  More likely to be just the grinding out of a result hopefully.  I hope I'm wrong and will be happy to admit it if so!

Not going to criticise the line up, it's all down to how we play the game. Very much looks like it'll be get it forward and feed off Nuhiu.  

Nuhiu up front with Rhodes could work. Rhodes has scored all his goals alongside a big target man. 

Back to one of our wingers having to cut inside to get on their favoured foot though.

And, why opt for a full back at centre half when we've a perfectly good one sat on the bench?!

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pudil as left centre half. 

To be honest, he's had his best games for us in that position in the last 18 months.

Interesting to see big Atdhe Nuhiu up front with Jordan Rhodes

Rhodes best career runs have always come when he's been playing up with a target man. Novac at Huddersfield and Gestede at Blackburn.

Is that in Bullens thinking today perhaps?

The rumour about Joao being absolutely knackered look like they might have been true.

It's fair to say I've never see the lad track back and work at hard as he did at Forest.

Bust a gut and ran the show. The Lucas Joao we all knew was hiding in there.

Just needed the right man (well, the lack of the wrong man) to bring it out.

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

surprised he has left Joao out.

In a way yes, but suspect he will be more effective on Monday against tired legs. Not surprised Nuhui starts, Bullen eluded to this. Hope the wingers play as wingers, get some white chalk on their boots and plenty of crosses in.

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Surprised at NuHiu over Joao.  Like to no the reasoning behind it.

He's was obviously was feeling the effects of the Forrest game, and Bullen said post match Nuhiu was unlucky not to start.

Good choice for me. Joao will play a part.