Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Really wasn’t expecting anything from this game irrespective of the line up and IMHO if we come away with anything today we will have done very well.

Bullen’s probably going to keep players rested for Monday for what, on paper should be a more achievable three points.

COME ON WEDNESDAY! 

Good point and without being selfish, I am coming up for that game so would like to see a strong side and not a patched up one

Just now, daleblue said:

Cos they are fit.

I know we couldn't pick the same side, but rotation isn't a given like some people seem to think it is on here.

I've always said, players will be tired, if they are told they are tired. 

Most footballers want to play in every single game they can. 

Any professional footballer should be able to play a game on a Tuesday and then 5 days later on a Saturday.

The thing is...

There's 4-4-2 and there's 4-4-2.

Carlos' 4-4-2 was based around us keeping the ball.

Ranieri's 4-4-2 was based on not having it and hitting on the counter.

From what Bullen has said....

bull.png.5b227376a85040cbf264f5ebdecb8008.png

I very much doubt we're going to Griffin park with the intention of trying to dominate possession. 

I think it will be more a case of two tight banks of four and looking to hit Adthes feet to hold it and then get runners up behind to support.

Of course I'm only surmising. 

Point is though there is more than one way to play a 4-4-2!

Will our strike pair split when we lose the ball and take a full back each?

No automatic alt text available.

Or will they press in tandem on the full back with the ball and the nearest centre half?

No automatic alt text available.

We don't know.

Perhaps Nuhiu will drop into the centre and make it a 4-5-1

We just don't know.

So lets see how it unfolds.

These are just that one example that highlights that It's a teams intent and application of the jobs they are asked to do individually and as a collective ;

that it's the approach of the side which can make the same formation quite, quite different under different managerial regimes. 

Anyway...

Lets just hope the lads go there and do us proud.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Just now, frastheowl said:

I know we couldn't pick the same side, but rotation isn't a given like some people seem to think it is on here.

I've always said, players will be tired, if they are told they are tired. 

Most footballers want to play in every single game they can. 

Any professional footballer should be able to play a game on a Tuesday and then 5 days later on a Saturday.

Normally I'd agree but I'm willing to not be bothered considering our circumstances. That is the fact that we have a lot of players out already, we are in between managers and we have a lot of games coming up. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'd be impressed if we managed 42 points in 22 games. That might not even give us 6th place. You never know I suppose. But in all honesty I think a bit of realism wouldn't go a miss, plan for next season is important. 

Or it might put us in the top 2. Regardless of hypothetical points tallies, the current task is to close an 11 point gap.

15 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

Wish Abdi could get a starting role. He needs to be given the chance to show what he can do or not do.

I agree. He came here as a top premier league player. CC wouldn't play him then pretended (lied) he was a crock

Abdi hasn't had a chance at wednesday and for the life of me I can't understand why. 

In many ways wednesday have ruined his career. That is something wednesday have always been very good at. 

Proper feel fresh today. Feel like we've got Wednesday back. 

Actually looking forward to the game, backing all the players and not expecting us to win. They've proven they can do it, last week at Forest. 

Back the boys today. When we get a new gaffer sorted and the players start coming back from injury the expectations increase but now I think it's refreshing for the fans and the players. I believe they have a weight lifted from them and will all be willing to impress. 

How about this for a novel suggestion.

CC has gone.

Bully is one of us and wants just what we want.

How about we just foookin get round the flag so to speak and get ourselves aligned and around him, the team, the club and just foookin support.

WL or D we know Bully will give all he has and insist the players do too.

Maybe we should start trying to do the same.

New start for everyone?

C'MON LADS

C'MON WEDNESDAY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2