Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

Morning chaps,

Must confess I feel rough as a dog. Managed to get throught the whole of Christmas without so much as a sniffle and now feel like death warmed up.

Thanks to Roamin for getting the show on the road. My God. I feel rough.

Image may contain: text

I do wonder if it's all this talk of Steve McClaren. I think my immune system is suffering.

Bound to make anyone feel badly.

Anyway. It is indeed Brenford.

No automatic alt text available.

Good God, had to read that twice. Thought their centre half was called bellend for a minute.

Dean Smith, a firm favourite with the Wednesdayites for the vacant managers job.

Works on a shoe string. Plays nice football.

And why not indeed.

We've all admitted to liking his team and their free flowing 4-2-3-1.

How will Wednesday match that up today?

Well, here's the thing. There's a huge chance it might not be a rigid 4-4-2

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Now whilst I'm not sure he'll go steaming in with a back three or anything today it is refreshing to hear him say that if they do decide to do something totally different he's not afraid to do it and that the players are capable.

And some times players need to hear that. 

As it is I think  he'll go with a similar set up to the one at Forest.

Though with a few changes likely.

Venancio or Pudil in for the injured Van Aken

Abdi in for Hooper

Jones is a possible for Hutch as we have to be aware of the tight schedule of game and how long he's been out

Joao was apparently absolutely cream crackered after the Forest game.SO he might be rested. Though he seems to like it at Griffin Park and Im sure wily old Lee Bullen will be aware of that.

If Bully sticks to his words-:

BUL2.png.e0234d7d63ff75305b73821bc07c1218.png

and gets a result today then he does himself, and indeed the chairman no harm at all.

And he might also start getting a little bit of credit for the Forest result too.

As some seem to think it was just the players and nothing to do with the subtle tactical and instructional changes made.

Anyway. 

I'm off for a hot Toddy.

UP  THE  OWLS

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Thank god for that Snoots I thought you had bought it ?

Normal service now resumed 

Gell well soon old Fruit ........

I'm sure that I'll be feeling in much better spirits if Bully and the boys get a result. 

Which I'm sure they can do.

3-1 Wednesday!

• Thanks 1

Good morning / afternoon MDT Gangbangers. 

Excellent thread again Pauli, although I haven’t read it yet, might get around to reading it later with a dry cured turkey sandwich and a glass of sherry. Hope there are plenty of semi-nude pics of our Tay Tay to admire.

No point beating about the bush, it will be an easy win today, probably about 35-0. This will be a reoccurring theme after the departure of Swansea’s biggest fan and member of the John Toshack Fan Club.

What is the new magical formula? Simply allow the boys to go forward and attack. Surprised coaching’s finest couldn’t get his head around that simple concept.

Scorers? Dunno, could be anyone nowadays with a licence to be dangerous. Which reminds me about something else Carlos famously said. “All my players can score. Jordan can score, Hooper can score, Lee can score, Bannan can score, Tom Lees can score, Liam Palmer can score etc”. Think this was immediately prior to our famous 5 shots on target in a calendar month period.

Lee Bullen, just like Woodpecker Cider, a refreshing change. Peck, peck, peck.

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Morning chaps,

Must confess I feel rough as a dog. Managed to get throught the whole of Christmas without so much as a sniffle and now feel like death warmed up.

Thanks to Roamin for getting the show on the road. My God. I feel rough.

Image may contain: text

I do wonder if it's all this talk of Steve McClaren. I think my immune system is suffering.

Bound to make anyone feel badly.

Anyway. It is indeed Brenford.

Good God, had to read that twice. Thought their centre half was called bellend for a minute.

Dean Smith, a firm favourite with the Wednesdayites for the vacant managers job.

Works on a shoe string. Plays nice football.

And why not indeed.

We've all admitted to liking his team and their free flowing 4-2-3-1.

How will Wednesday match that up today?

Well, here's the thing. There's a huge chance it might not be a rigid 4-4-2

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Now whilst I'm not sure he'll go steaming in with a back three or anything today it is refreshing to hear him say that if they do decide to do something totally different he's not afraid to do it and that the players are capable.

And some times players need to hear that. 

As it is I think  he'll go with a similar set up to the one at Forest.

Though with a few changes likely.

Venancio or Pudil in for the injured Van Aken

Abdi in for Hooper

Jones is a possible for Hutch as we have to be aware of the tight schedule of game and how long he's been out

Joao was apparently absolutely cream crackered after the Forest game.SO he might be rested. Though he seems to like it at Griffin Park and Im sure wily old Lee Bullen will be aware of that.

If Bully sticks to his words-:

BUL2.png.e0234d7d63ff75305b73821bc07c1218.png

and gets a result today then he does himself, and indeed the chairman no harm at all.

And he might also start getting a little bit of credit for the Forest result too.

As some seem to think it was just the players and nothing to do with the subtle tactical and instructional changes made.

Anyway. 

I'm off for a hot Toddy.

UP  THE  OWLS

Would rather go down fighting and going for it than watching ccs way, give it a reight go lads and give snoots a boost to go with his whiskey

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm sure that I'll be feeling in much better spirits if Bully and the boys get a result. 

3-1 Wednesday!

The "Bullfighter" will not let us down 

Have you seen Trevs latest artwork?

I've got to get this done on a T shirt 

Genius that man is ..

11 minutes ago, debram said:

Would rather go down fighting and going for it than watching ccs way, give it a reight go lads and give snoots a boost to go with his whiskey

I think that's an excellent point. One Bully alluded to in his Press conference.

Now of course, you can say he's just paying lip-service. 

That he's just telling the fans what they want to here.

People will say that he's playing to the crowd.

Well I say...

GOOD!

I want someone who tells us what we want to hear.

I want someone who plays to the crowd, and more importantly gets his team to do the same,as that is what football is all about.

We might easily have lost at Forest. We had some luck. Wildsmith produced some great saves.

But whether we'd won or lost the thing was the attitude. We had a different attitude. A positive one. A hard working one.

And to be honest. If we'd lost that game. I'd have still been ok with it because I saw a level of desire. A desire to win the ball back. A desire to get shots at the opposition goal.

I think that's all any of us want if we're honest.

We know we're going to lose games. All clubs do.

It's the manner of defeats as much as the manner of victory , I think, that really keeps the fanbase on side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

3-1 Wednesday!

I've heard that you succumbed to the charms of The Black Horse. 6-0 Wednesday. UTO.