Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

1 minute ago, OxOwl said:

Sorry can't see a win here with nuhiu starting.

Prove me wrong 

I am certainly no fan of Nuhiu, but we have limited options and bouncing balls off him high up the pitch at least relieves the pressure on our fragile back 4. 

I am hoping we look to get the ball in the box at every opportunity so he has a fighting chance of deflecting one in maybe or creating space for Rhodes?

4 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

We can't play the same team so quickly so soon.  Some need to be rested, Hoops and VA are not going to be risked, we can't 'outplay' Brentford away without a full strength squad...I can totally see why he's gone with this line up.  Keep it tight, get forward quickly and get the ball to Nuhiu and let him cause havok!  

Brentford have picked the same side.

Just now, frastheowl said:

Brentford have picked the same side.

You don't know the circumstances for them. They have a much smaller squad than us. They might suffer for it? 

The line up doesn't bother me at this stage, I know we are depleted anyway. I think whoever plays will put the effort in for Bullen and I think it's a fresh start for a lot of them. Ultimately Brentford haven't lost at home for 11 games so it'd be impressive if we did win. 

Really wasn’t expecting anything from this game irrespective of the line up and IMHO if we come away with anything today we will have done very well.

Bullen’s probably going to keep players rested for Monday for what, on paper should be a more achievable three points.

COME ON WEDNESDAY! 

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think he's just giving everyone a chance to prove themselves and rotating the team. We have another game in 2 days. Think people need to realise this season is over in terms of reaching the play offs so the best thing we can do is see who is worth keeping for next season. 

As long as playoffs are possible, they should be the target for whoever comes in.

Write the season off when it's no longer possible, not 24 games in. The gap is a mere 11 points.

Want the best out of Rhodes then stick him at the side of Adthe.

Well done Lee.

Butters must be there to protect the right flank.

Soak it up hit them with Adthe setting one up for Rhodes then soak it up some more and let them be busy bees and buzz around a bit before unleashing Joao/Mattias second half.

0-2

UTO

Edited by 33
Tyop

People complain players are blowing out of their arses playing pedestrian football after 20 minutes.

People complain when players are rested.

Not saying it's the same people (neither the time nor inclination to check) but still...

Just now, adifferentgame said:

As long as playoffs are possible, they should be the target for whoever comes in.

Write the season off when it's no longer possible, not 24 games in. The gap is a mere 11 points.

I'd be impressed if we managed 42 points in 22 games. That might not even give us 6th place. You never know I suppose. But in all honesty I think a bit of realism wouldn't go a miss, plan for next season is important.