Leicester City could be looking to snap up George Hirst

5 hours ago, wilfsmith said:

Musa, Vardy, Slimani, Okazaki, Ulloa and Iheanacho would all be ahead of him at Leicester City and it could be argued that all of those six are ahead of the forwards in our squad. It's difficult to see then, how moving to Leicester City massively improves his chances of first-team football. There's obviously other reasons why he wants to move away.

In fairness if he does leave us for a club where he’s 6th choice striker, I couldn’t care less unless we have got a sell on clause, in which case I hope he does well but if it goes to a tribunal and no sell on clause is inserted, then he’ll just be another clubs footballer who’s development I have zero interest in.

Whatever the truth is of the situation, I certainly don't buy that he wants to move on because of a potential lack of first team opportunities at Wednesday.

If that's what he, his father, or agent are saying then they're being disingenuous.

One big mess this is . 

We have found ourselves having a player who`s representatives are also entrenched in the club , trying to move him from the club they have a scouting contract with. 

How the hell have we ended up in this situation ? 

This is bad from every point of view. The lad has obvious potential not just at championship level but also as a future international as indicated by his inclusion in England sides. We have to presume wednesdsy have offered a poor contract and so that has led to a stalemate situation. Considering the money we have wasted on dross signings Matias, Abdi, Urby and others to not offer the lad a much better contract is criminal. He might not make it however he might and in a few years he could be looking at sale value of £20m +, who knows?

I also think if he had been at bumhole lane Wilder would have had him in and around the first team squad. I sometimes shake my head at the disbelief how our club is being run.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

This is bad from every point of view. The lad has obvious potential not just at championship level but also as a future international as indicated by his inclusion in England sides. We have to presume wednesdsy have offered a poor contract and so that has led to a stalemate situation. Considering the money we have wasted on dross signings Matias, Abdi, Urby and others to not offer the lad a much better contract is criminal. He might not make it however he might and in a few years he could be looking at sale value of £20m +, who knows?

I also think if he had been at bumhole lane Wilder would have had him in and around the first team squad. I sometimes shake my head at the disbelief how our club is being run.

Apparently we did offer a deal, but he wanted first team wages.... He's not first team.... At least 5 strikers in front of him

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

One big mess this is . 

We have found ourselves having a player who`s representatives are also entrenched in the club , trying to move him from the club they have a scouting contract with. 

How the hell have we ended up in this situation ? 

'entrenched' WTF:

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Stuff him-if he is that stupid to think he won’t be, at best warming the bench at fester then good luck to him. His dad is done with the club so best get rid before the situation turns other potential stars toxic.

interesting point as I read on here one of our other potential stars is represented by doyen now