Leicester City could be looking to snap up George Hirst

19 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Plenty of top clubs will be After him. Everton and man United are very interested. 

Hirst needs to get away from wednesday ASAP. 

He's got so much potential. Everyone apart from Wednesday can see it. 

Some things never change 

The fact that we have offered him a new contract would suggest that we can see he has got potential.

The fact that we don't think a youngster who has never done it at Championship level is worth a contract that puts him on a par with some first team regulars suggests a common sense approach by the club.

And the fact that Carlos doesn't think that over the last 2 seasons he should be displacing Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall or Joao suggests that he'd rather focus on the now and get promotion to the Premier League ASAP by playing players proven at this level as opposed to untried youngsters.

All seems perfectly reasonable to me.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

He claims he is not bothered about the George Hirst situation yet constantly slags him and his father off.

Yep, I constantly slag his Father off by continually  repeating the fact that he is my favourite ever Wednesday player.

WTF:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The fact that we have offered him a new contract would suggest that we can see he has got potential.

The fact that we don't think a youngster who has never done it at Championship level is worth a contract that puts him on a par with some first team regulars suggests a common sense approach by the club.

And the fact that Carlos doesn't think that over the last 2 seasons he should be displacing Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall or Joao suggests that he'd rather focus on the now and get promotion to the Premier League ASAP by playing players proven at this level as opposed to untried youngsters.

All seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Of course and Atdhe Nuhui will fire us to promotion.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, steelowl said:

brookes looks like a 15yr old doesn't hold him back 

George does need to fill out quite a bit tho whether that then helps or hinders him is a gamble for whoever takes him on 

Brooks is TWO years older than George but don't let facts get in the way. Joao made George look exactly what he was... a young lad with bags of talent but nowhere near good enough for a place on the bench...and given that Joao himself hasn't established himself tells you just what George is up against. We have made him an offer it's up to him and his advisors whether to accept it.

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Brooks is TWO years older than George but don't let facts get in the way. Joao made George look exactly what he was... a young lad with bags of talent but nowhere near good enough for a place on the bench...and given that Joao himself hasn't established himself tells you just what George is up against. We have made him an offer it's up to him and his advisors whether to accept it.

brookes is as lightweight as George sod his actual age seen more meat on a butchers pencil but don't let facts get in the way 

read my post instead of knee jerk comment  he needs to put weight on 

he wont sign for us he's clearly been tapped up 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion?

14 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

You didn't. You mentioned all our proven strikers that are preventing Hirst getting in the squad. I named a striker who is guaranteed a place in the squad.

Nuhiu isn’t always guaranteed a place in the squad, I actually can’t remember the last time he got into the pitch.

Going back to my original post, at the start of the season we had...

Winnall

Forestieri

Hooper

Joao

Rhodes

Fletcher

Which of these players do you think Hirst should be in front of in pecking order for the matchday squad? 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Nuhiu isn’t always guaranteed a place in the squad, I actually can’t remember the last time he got into the pitch.

Going back to my original post, at the start of the season we had...

Winnall

Forestieri

Hooper

Joao

Rhodes

Fletcher

Which of these players do you think Hirst should be in front of in pecking order for the matchday squad? 

Winnall and FF at present.

:picnic:

15 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

15 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Winnall and FF at present.

:picnic:

At PRESENT we have...

Hooper

Fletcher

Joao

Rhodes

There isn’t an argument to have him ahead of any of those strikers.

All proven at this level, all offer something a little different so provide the manager with different options, 3 of them have been capped at full international level and 2 of them have excellent scoring records at this level.

And some fans think we should be making space in this wealth of attacking options for an unproven 17 year old kid in the first team?