Leicester City could be looking to snap up George Hirst

George Hirst England.jpg

Leicester City Are Really Interested In This Sheffield Wednesday Star

Leicester City are reportedly interested in one of England’s brightest youngsters, George Hirst.

The Sheffield Wednesday star is yet to sign a contract extension, following his realisation of abundant strikers on the Hillsborough side. But Leicester City themselves boast a number of talented front-men with the likes of Vardy, Slimani and Okazaki.

The England youngster’s stats on the international front are quite staggering.

In his 24 appearances respectively for the England youth teams, Hirst has found the net on 13 occasions. Representing England Under-20 at the 2017 Toulon Tournament, Hirst’s hat-trick against Cuba took his tally to 40 goals for the 2016-17 campaign.

He helped England lift the Toulan Cup a record 6th time. He was joint top scorer alongside Chico Bonanza and fellow teammate Harvey Barnes.

Hirst’s concerns of being blocked out by other strikers at Sheffield Wednesday could play a similar role at Leicester City as well.

But if at all there is encouragement on the part of the youngster would be the fact that 3 of their 6 forwards have crossed their 30’s with another edging close. The youngest front-man for Claude Puel is Nigerian Ahmed Musa. In that respect, Hirst could be one for the future at the King Power Stadium.

george-hirst.jpg-01.jpg

A classic example of the number 9 role, he epitomises the position quite perfectly. The fox in the box as one would like to be, Hirst is exactly that, as he loses his marker quite brilliantly in and arou6-yard 6 yard area.

He is quite sharp to pounce on the loose balls and shots parried by the keeper to ensure he slots the ball home. Standing at 6ft 3in, he has an edge over his opponents when it comes to aerial battles, a rare example among young players like him. An authoritative penalty taker, he a is good package for a meagre £2million according to the club’s evaluation.

Claude Puel can take his time with the youngster by instilling him into the Leicester Under-23, a higher level of football than his current participation in the Under-23’s. His performances there could decide the starlet’s fate with the senior team if he has ambitions to be in the limelight among England’s finest.

Given that the move to a Premier League club doesn’t come by easily, his decision to leave Sheffield Wednesday, the club he graduated from,might be in a bit of jeopardy.

Now the question lies that whether the Sheffield Wednesday academy graduate will snub the contract extension and make a move to the King Power Stadium or not in the near future.

Owlstalk Shop

I'd love to have seen Hirsty Jnr given a run in the team at some point, his fatha was my favourite ever Wednesday player 

Also can I add, whenever I've seen him play even though he's been a a few years younger than the other lads on the pitch he's always stood out as a real prospect & the best player on the pitch.

However in modern football even the younger lads are represented by greedy advisers & looks like we'll never see Hirsty's lad in the 1st team which I find a massive shame but we don't know all the details so as long as he doesn't go to Leeds good luck to the lad :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

The only academy player we've had with Premier League interest and we're running his value down by not letting him train with his peers or play. You couldn't make it up.

I wish you'd put this in the other thread Geoffrey, we're trying to break the 30 page GH thread record if you hadn't noticed! 

He doesn't want to stay so we should see if the £1m bid they made in the summer still stands and if it does, add a 15% sell on clause and get rid.

Never before have I been so fed up of hearing about a youth team player, the money we could get for him could be used to bring some real pace in on loan from the Premier League as we look to try to get Wednesday promoted this season.

Musa, Vardy, Slimani, Okazaki, Ulloa and Iheanacho would all be ahead of him at Leicester City and it could be argued that all of those six are ahead of the forwards in our squad. It's difficult to see then, how moving to Leicester City massively improves his chances of first-team football. There's obviously other reasons why he wants to move away.

4 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Musa, Vardy, Slimani, Okazaki, Ulloa and Iheanacho would all be ahead of him at Leicester City and it could be argued that all of those six are ahead of the forwards in our squad. It's difficult to see then, how moving to Leicester City massively improves his chances of first-team football. There's obviously other reasons why he wants to move away.

You reckon it could be to do with a couple more pound notes in sky rocket?