Forestieri

Stop worrying about things we can do nothing about, and start enjoying the ride. I think forestieri looked knackered, and the celebration was not quite as vibrant as usual due to that. And he had right to be knackered, as he never stopped all game in the first competitive game of the season against a good villa side.

But, if something is going on, and chansiri feels like offloading him for two bags of scratchings, to the lads down at casa del pork then there's nowt we can do about it. In the meantime enjoy one of the best players this club has had in many years, and get used to us winning games. However hard it might be.

I thought at the time the celebration was a little subdued, but he did looked fooked immediately after he scored then again it was a warm day, but very much unlike him not to do the heart thingy. It can be so easy to put two and two together and get 5 and see things tht just aren't there. He could however be slightly frustrated that the likes of Westwood have had a new contract 12 months after the last one. Who knows?

One thing is for certain, IF we get a decent bid then Chansiri has a decision, either cash in the chips depending on the offer or simply offer hims a nre contract now to A) keep him happy & B) warn off other clubs.

It wouldn't surprise me if a prem club came in with a bid.

Dunno if they would get great value though as we wouldn't sell cheap. 

I predict we will fend off a bid in the next few weeks and then give him a wage rise to cheer him up.

Edited by Beholder

24 minutes ago, Herb said:

Watch him at the final whistle I'm sure he asks that ball boy for a drink. He looks absolutely shattered. 

He's going nowhere. 

Yep did he not drop to the floor as well and was on his knees for about a minute. Seemed to be praying and i even thought he was kissing the grass at one point. He obviously put his all into the match and was shattered

Carlos said he was upset that a players agent had spoken to him rather than the player. My guess it was Mugugan so somebody thinks probably a blunt how can we wind them up ?. I know I'll tell them Forestieri is being  sold. Anyway just a theory.

I didn't see anything to suggest that this is a player who wants to leave. 

If and it's a big if a team from the prem comes in with an unbelievable offer then it's up to DC to decide if he accepts it or not. I certainly don't think he'd leave for another champion team as we're definitely in the top 5 best clubs in the league and he wouldn't take a side ways step. 

If DC does accept an exceptional bid for him them you can rest safe in the knowledge that it will be reinvested in the team wisely.

Personally I wouldn't listen to any offers less than 15m and that's at least 2 exceptional players at this level. However I firmly believe he will be here till the end of his contract and beyond.

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

So FF after spending all summer telling his mate how great it is at the club how wonderful the fans are is ready to leave because he is unhappy...reyt lol

Yeah, but what's his name asked to put a bet on it and Sky told him to fudge off. 

I'm almost embarrassed they bothered arguing with him. 

Support the player. If by some small stretch this gets back to club and player, don't you reckon he might be annoyed at busting a gut all game, defending, attacking closing. Only to hear he wants to leave because he didn't do a heart shape with his hands. A player who did not want to be at a club could not, and would not have put in a shift like he did!

I think the problem is that FF is playing so well that many people are so fearful that a Prem club will come in with their wads of cash, or perhaps Newcastle, that these stories are emerging. I haven't seen anything relating to FF indicating he's not happy nor that we have turned down offers.