Wednesday turn down second bid for Dele Bashiru……

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

With contract talks ongoing following two impressive displays in the League One opening games, The Star understands that another Tangerines offer – worth just under £1m – has been rebuffed by Wednesday, who clearly value the former Manchester City youngster highly.

"Blackpool" 🤣

VVank 😆

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Let’s be honest up to recent performances he’s been very inconsistent? Before that did he do enough to break into first team last season and stay there? Probably not? That leaves us where we are .moore probably didn’t think he’d progress as he as this season, still might be a flash in the pan for a few games only? So stick or  twist atm? Good enough offer and player atm doesn’t look like signing we’ll probably sell

This season might be a flash in the pan.. I think it’s unlikely.

I think he’s got to a point of maturity and confidence that all players achieve at some point . He’s  head and shoulders above anyone out there at this moment of his age. 
No reasons at all to sell such an asset 

• Like 1

Its not black and white.

There are three options, sell, new contract, he runs down the last year.

There are also three or more parties, player/agent, Wednesday, buying club (s) who will have different values of the three options.

The leverage is with the player/agent and we haven't got control of all of the options. 

From a FDB perspective, why not trust yourself, turn down a move or contract and see where you are in the summer. That way he gets all of the money - no fees or minimal involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hitcat said:

We get promoted he'll stay. Simple.

Promotions aren’t decided in August unfortunately. He’s developing into a very good player however if we were to let him go, it would be other areas of the pitch that would be a bigger cause for concern promotion wise. If he doesn’t sign, take the money and reinvest in another position, preferably at the back.

• Like 1

Do everything we can to keep him. Promotion is financially worth a lot more than a couple of million. And if we do get promoted then we’re a heck of a lot more desirable than Blackpool (though I suppose we already are!). 
The only reason to sell him would be if he throws a strop. Then we add a monster sell on clause.

26 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We need to offer him a new contract. If he doesn’t accept, we need to sell him in this window.

I want to keep him and he’s been great in these 2 games but we’ve got to be commercially minded in how we run the club and deal with buying and selling players. 

Spot on. At the moment he’s worth more than a million but we have put ourselves in this situation. If he won’t sign a new deal take the money and invest it. 

let’s be honest a midfield 3 of Byers Vaulks and Bannan with Adenrian as back up isn’t shabby is it.

for a million quid we could get a cb and a striker 

16 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

This season might be a flash in the pan.. I think it’s unlikely.

I think he’s got to a point of maturity and confidence that all players achieve at some point . He’s  head and shoulders above anyone out there at this moment of his age. 
No reasons at all to sell such an asset 

I personally would keep him, but can see his head being turned and the more performances he puts in like last two over next couple of weeks he’ll be difficult to keep hold of ? Especially if he won’t sign a new deal for us? 

Did very well first game 

At Milton Keynes couldn't help thinking he had a touch of the Tony Aganas about him ...

Bullseye or through the front room window of a house on Shoreham Street ..

I'd move heaven and earth to keep him ....

Blackpool have lost their best asset last season 

Their manager ....

• Like 1