Wednesday turn down second bid for Dele Bashiru……

47 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

This season might be a flash in the pan.. I think it’s unlikely.

I think he’s got to a point of maturity and confidence that all players achieve at some point . He’s  head and shoulders above anyone out there at this moment of his age. 
No reasons at all to sell such an asset 

Him not signing a new contract and walking for nothing next year is a pretty good reason. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No idea what the sell on clause is but would imagine that when a player leaves City cheap it’s because they have a hefty % baked in (40%?)

Would be wanting £3-4m if so to make it worth selling but don’t think that’s likely. I’d keep vs selling for half a million net profit 

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Big NO for me for any contract over 2 Years if he goes so be it. Sick of seeing players lose form or get ‘injured’ and than be unavailable or unselected

How many young players have we given a contract to and that's happened?

32 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

I personally would keep him, but can see his head being turned and the more performances he puts in like last two over next couple of weeks he’ll be difficult to keep hold of ? Especially if he won’t sign a new deal for us? 

I think he’ll sign a new contract.

Not saying you are included but I think people under estimate how much players enjoy working with DM 

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

I don’t understand, have we made him an offer or not? How can you be negotiating if you haven’t offered anything?

They haven't formally given him a new contract offer because they are negotiating the terms like wage, incentive bonuses, length of contract etc. DM seemed pretty relaxed on the situation and I seem to remember that FDB said he would accept a deal once an acceptable offer is made 🤞

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I don’t understand, have we made him an offer or not? How can you be negotiating if you haven’t offered anything?

Because you try to reach an agreement in principle first, then present it, then go into a final round or two of negotiations then sign. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I think we’re probably discussing terms, or trying too, before actually offering a deal. I imagine his agent is stalling things at the minute.