Wednesday turn down second bid for Dele Bashiru……

16 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Simple, if he doesn’t sign a new contract, sell.

We can’t keep losing players for free. 

He won't go for free though. No one has any idea what any compensation might be either, though the club might have more information on this to make an educated estimate.

I'm not saying don't sell at any price but the offers reported are way short of his worth..... especially in terms of potential. He's the best youngster I've seen break through from the development  squad/ academy in decades.

Yes we should have taken the reported £2m for George Hirst who was a million miles from being first team ready but FDB is now shining in the first team and sub £1m offers just don't cut it IMO.

I think there's evidence that the club is being run better these days and I suspect he fact that we've reportedly rejected this latest offer indicates that were confident of him either agreeing a new deal or that more appropriate  offers will be forthcoming especially if he continues to impress and progress.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair, he’s shown more these past two games than he did all last season in my view.

You could see the potential but against Portsmouth he took control of the game which I was crying out for him to do in large parts of games last season. Now that he’s showing he can do that, he looks a real asset. But I don’t blame fans for saying he could do with a loan move.

He looked last season to be a player who needed a bit of confidence to get going - and for a young lad a loan move can be beneficial to get that out of him. Fortunately so far it looks like he’s found that confidence in our first team. 

Eh, I can only disagree... I said in another thread he was literally just fractions off... somewhat fortunately across the board. He only needed to incrementally improve to really step up.

Agree about the confidence thing, but IMO you don't loan put a 4th (IMO) or 5th (completely understand why someone one rank him there) choice CM when you're playing a midfield three and you know he's so close to breaking through.

Anyway, semantics. Point is, he's bossing it right now, he should have been tied down to a bigger and longer contract sooner, but we have to manage the situation as it is right now. If he scores another 2 goals between now and the end of the month, we could see a lot of hyped-up interest from Championship clubs much better than Blackpool...

People suggesting we should sell him for 1.5 million, 2 million and even 3 million

How much of that money do you think we will receive?

I say keep him, tell Blackpool he's too good for you 

This young man could get us promoted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I think DM is confident that he'll stay. 

Regular 1st team footy at a club he enjoys being at, under a manager he clearly likes. As a bonus, we look to find ourselves as  promotion favourites. 

He'll sign for another 3 years on that dotted line, with a lovely quill, with Darren's special ink that he keeps for such occasions.

Chansiri will watch from the other room, through a small spyhole. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, graz gp said:

If we offer him a decent contract and he still won sign,  we need to sell him otherwise he will leave for nothing just like other players that were in the same position. Once bitten twice shy. Uto

Can he leave for nothing 

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

We should be looking at building the future of the midfield around him

Whilst I totally agree, we’re a league one club at present , and until that changes we will always struggle to keep players with FDB potential, and talent 

If we can agree a contract, fantastic , if we can’t then it’s a decision as to wether we keep him until the end of the season or we take a few million and cut our losses 

24 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

He won't go for free though. No one has any idea what any compensation might be either, though the club might have more information on this to make an educated estimate.

I'm not saying don't sell at any price but the offers reported are way short of his worth..... especially in terms of potential. He's the best youngster I've seen break through from the development  squad/ academy in decades.

Yes we should have taken the reported £2m for George Hirst who was a million miles from being first team ready but FDB is now shining in the first team and sub £1m offers just don't cut it IMO.

I think there's evidence that the club is being run better these days and I suspect he fact that we've reportedly rejected this latest offer indicates that were confident of him either agreeing a new deal or that more appropriate  offers will be forthcoming especially if he continues to impress and progress.

He hasn’t broken through our academy or development squad though has he.

Therefore the compensation won’t be very high.

Especially if he goes abroad we could be looking at next to nothing again like with Hirst, Shaw and Urghuhide.

• Like 1

We shouldn't be leaving it until now to offer him a new contract. 

At this stage he either signs long term on big money we haven't got or he declines which drives his value down by being a player who wants out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owls101 said:

We need to keep him and give him a long term contract. He has the potential to be worth way more to us than £1m or whatever if he helps us achieve promotion.

We need a proper strategy for developing players and give them proper contracts and pathways to first team. Some times it might not work out and they don't make it or progress as the could, but over the long term, with the right approach, it will pay off imo. 

Singing players, developing them a bit then watching them fizz off isn't sustainable, its just plain daft.

Big NO for me for any contract over 2 Years if he goes so be it. Sick of seeing players lose form or get ‘injured’ and than be unavailable or unselected

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope Chansiri and Moore stick to their guns and simply keep him

We've learned loads over the last year or so when it comes to transfer dealing and long may it continue

We don't need 1.5 million or even 3 million - we need the player

I absolutely agree that the player contributing to our promotion is worth much, much more than that offered - but the key is what the player wants.

If he's going to be demotivated by missing out on a move to the Championship, then DM won't want that negativity about the place. If he's prepared to do his bit and go on a free at the end of the season, DM might choose to keep him.

I suspect DM will know him well enough to make the right decision if he doesn't sign a new contract.

• Like 1