SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Not so much a transfer rumour thread, as a battle of the ITKer's thread. It's quite funny watching some trying to cast doubt on others posts and then claim stuff they never actually said. Please don't ask for examples as i'll ******** myself.

4 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

By the way, whats your take on our recruitment  so far?

We certainly brought in lot of quality, experience and much needed physicality to the club. Also we are certainly stronger than we were last season and squad looks almost ready to challenge for top 2 spots. My biggest concern is that no long term planning was done and that we are not building foundations for long term success of the club. I'm sure there are 20-24 years old that would have improved our first team squad this season, but would have important role to play for years to come.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, malek said:

We certainly brought in lot of quality, experience and much needed physicality to the club. Also we are certainly stronger than we were last season and squad looks almost ready to challenge for top 2 spots. My biggest concern is that no long term planning was done and that we are not building foundations for long term success of the club. I'm sure there are 20-24 years old that would have improved our first team squad this season, but would have important role to play for years to come.

Yes agreed. As I say hopefully 2 or 3 younger players might yet be recruited now that we've  ostensibly addressed our lack of physicality/aerial ability in the spine of team.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Realism 

Not in the slightest 

it’s at squad game and the new sub rule means we will need better depth to this squad 

how many players left last year?

We’ve currently brought in 5 players 

I’d say your realism is more negative or lacks ambition gladly our chairman and manager will no doubt disagree with you 

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Not in the slightest 

it’s at squad game and the new sub rule means we will need better depth to this squad 

I’d say your realism is more negative or lacks ambition gladly our chairman and manager will no doubt disagree with you 

Any signings today mate?

26 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Not in the slightest 

Gone………………….Replacement

BPF…………………….Stockdale

Wildsmith…………..Dawson

Dunkley………………Heneghan

Dean………………….Ikihewe

Hutchinson

Storey

Gibson

Luongo……………….Vaukes

Shodipo

NML

Berahino

Kamberi……………..Smith

John-Jules

I don’t think I’ve missed anyone.

In my opinion, we’ve already improved in goal and up top. Midfield, difficult to say, but I’m hopeful Vaukes will be as good as Luongo.

Work to do in defence and out wide (wingback or fullback) and some back up for the forwards.

Getting Wilks as an upgrade on NML(?) would be a good next step.

Cant complain so far.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Would he get a work permit? I thought they had to be internationals or Uk Nationals

It's done on the GBE points based system.

On my rough calculations (not guaranteed to be accurate) Silva would just scrape in with the minimum 15 points needed.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Gone………………….Replacement

BPF…………………….Stockdale

Wildsmith…………..Dawson

Dunkley………………Heneghan

Dean………………….Ikihewe

Hutchinson

Storey

Gibson

Luongo……………….Vaukes

Shodipo

NML

Berahino

Kamberi……………..Smith

John-Jules

In my opinion, we’ve already improved in goal and up top. Midfield, difficult to say, but I’m hopeful Vaukes will be as good as Luongo.

Work to do in defence and out wide (wingback or fullback) and some back up for the forwards.

Cant complain so far.

Do John-Jules , Gibson and even Shopido really count? Barely a game between them. come to it you have others who did not play much last year like Adeniran, Brown, Sow . and perhaps count Brennan as a replacement for Hutchinson. We can do better than a couple of them but they are available . Also Given the little time he played is Windass a match for Berihino - kind of. 

31 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Gone………………….Replacement

BPF…………………….Stockdale

Wildsmith…………..Dawson

Dunkley………………Heneghan

Dean………………….Ikihewe

Hutchinson

Storey

Gibson

Luongo……………….Vaukes

Shodipo

NML

Berahino

Kamberi……………..Smith

John-Jules

Cant complain so far.

Always subjective, but we certainly haven't downgraded. Like for like in many aspects and some improvements. 

Also worth remembering that some of those from last year only played half a season too. 

Importantly, improvements in the right areas where we were weak last season.

Stronger already this year, with plenty of time to add a few more. 

17 minutes ago, striker said:

Always subjective, but we certainly haven't downgraded. Like for like in many aspects and some improvements. 

Also worth remembering that some of those from last year only played half a season too. 

Importantly, improvements in the right areas where we were weak last season.

Stronger already this year, with plenty of time to add a few more. 

I’d say the big improvement noticeable is we seem to be cover our downfalls from last season 

take Gregory out of that line up and we really was light weight 

we lacked threat Ariel strength in both boxes last year and smith improved this ten fouls the defenders and keepers being proven stats to the team we lacked too And vaulks is a great midfielder especially for this division 

they are all logical, sensible buys

we do lack a bit more height though so I’m hopeful of seeing a couple of Cb’s still join 

and we lack pace and depth in the wide areas so I’m hoping to see at least 3 buddies coming in there too 

Then just a bit more strength in depth and we’re good to go 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Gone………………….Replacement

BPF…………………….Stockdale

Wildsmith…………..Dawson

Dunkley………………Heneghan

Dean………………….Ikihewe

Hutchinson

Storey

Gibson

Luongo……………….Vaukes

Shodipo

NML

Berahino

Kamberi……………..Smith

John-Jules

I think this lines up with what I think will happen.  We'll get a couple more perms in and fill the rest with loans.  We have 8 loan 'spaces' remember....I think we had 6 at one point last season, IIRC?

What with the subs increasing, I can see a lot of teams potentially topping up their squad with an additional loan or two vs. what they had last season.  I'm not saying we'll loan the full 8, but I would not be surprised at all if we got another 6/7 in the door total.    

29 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

If they manage to stay fit, Iorfa and Windass could almost be seen as new additions for next season.

Tis true, bit Iorfa seemingly can't finish a slice of lemon drizzle cake without getting injured. Huge shame as he csn be immense.