SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Problem with Paterson he’s just not fitting in . 
probably 3rd choice at right wing back  after hunt / palmer .

4th choice striker / potentially further down the line if we get another forward in. 

the only way I see him playing is injuries or the odd sub appearance if we change 2 strikers now there is 5 subs . I don’t see him starting much more then 10 games . 

we shall see he might have a great pre season and kick on. When we got relegated I fancied him to get 12 goals +. 

I was pondering the role of Paterson over the last few days. A utility man is always useful and the five subs rule will change the amount of game time those players warming the bench will be getting. But would CB be a mad way to use him? In a three he could probably play on the right as an overlapping CB (if he was given some coaching on reducing his recklessness). I’m sure I saw him say in an interview that he actually saw CB as his strongest position.

2 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

I’d keep Pato...gives us a diff dimension in some games, plus his shithousery is great

Yes same for me. Can play pretty much anywhere on the pitch and might be required knowing our injury record, and must be great in the dressing room. 

8 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I think we will make only 3-4 more additions.

1 cb

1 lb who can cover centre back

1 striker 

1 GK (1 wouldn’t but heard we might)

Stockdale

Dawson

1 GK

Hunt

Palmer

Heneghan

Iorfa

Iky (can’t spell his name yet)

Brennan

1CB

(Palmer and possibly another as cover)

Johnson 

Purrington?

(Galvin)

Vaulks

Byers

Bannan

Dele-Bashiru 

Adeniran

Hunt

Paterson

Gregory

Smith

Windass

Wilks(?)

Sow

(Cadamateri)

That gives us 26/27 players with  four or more being under 21. Also we can change formation at any point as Windass, Wilkes (if we get him), Paterson, Adeniran, Sow and Johnson can all play as wide forwards. I think four more is enough.

PS: I didn’t include Jaden Brown as he’s abysmal!

Agree with that,  if we can sign the names we’ve been linked with in Raul Silva (CB), Purrington (LB),  Anderson (W) and Wilks (ST), then it’s a very strong looking squad for league 1

• Like 3

On 23/06/2022 at 00:05, Owl66 said:

Would love to tell you fowl as you sound a decent poster who I’ve time for but my source would never trust me again giving names out so sorry mate can’t do, but it’s great fun hopefully for all on here with there guessing ! Great entertainment which will have a happy ending excuse the terminology 😂😂😂

I like it suspense to be honest

I also like how there’s a few that can’t control their emotions over it and are so desperate for the shiny toy now and can’t wait until Christmas Day 

the guessing is fun 

but it’s Raul Silva 👀😜

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

1 cb

1 striker 

We need a winger or two IMO...

45 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

That gives us 26/27 players with  four or more being under 21. Also we can change formation at any point as Windass, Wilkes (if we get him), Paterson, Adeniran, Sow and Johnson can all play as wide forwards. I think four more is enough.

Adeniran...as...a wide forward???!

53 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

1 cb

1 striker 

Stockdale

Dawson

1 GK

Hunt

Palmer

Heneghan

Iorfa

Iky (can’t spell his name yet)

Brennan

1CB

(Palmer and possibly another as cover)

Johnson 

Purrington?

(Galvin)

Vaulks

Byers

Bannan

Dele-Bashiru 

Adeniran

Hunt

Paterson

Gregory

Smith

Windass

Wilks(?)

Sow

(Cadamateri)

PS: I didn’t include Jaden Brown as he’s abysmal!

Disagree I think we will sign 7-9 more players 

our whole bench needs to be starting 11 standard now with the 5 sub rule thas going to be 18 players alone just on the matchday 

I think our squad will be looking more like a 30 man squad 

• Haha 1

Burnley have agreed a fee with MK Dons for Scott Twine, reports have claimed this morning.

The 22-year-old racked up a long list of accolades last season, including 20 goals, 13 assists and being named League One’s Player of the Season.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Disagree I think we will sign 7-9 more players 

our whole bench needs to be starting 11 standard now with the 5 sub rule thas going to be 18 players alone just on the matchday 

I think our squad will be looking more like a 30 man squad 

The only problem with that is we're only allowed a squad of 22, not counting goalkeepers and under 21's.

By my reckoning we have room for another 4 unless we have more departures.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Burnley have agreed a fee with MK Dons for Scott Twine, reports have claimed this morning.

The 22-year-old racked up a long list of accolades last season, including 20 goals, 13 assists and being named League One’s Player of the Season.

Interesting, as @Owl66 predicted,  either he is just taking a punt on confirming rumours will happen or he’s actually ITK. 

The proof in the pudding will be if there’s a Brazilian.. such is life  

• Haha 1

On 23/06/2022 at 07:16, SiJ said:

What a crazy few days.

Say what you like about big Darren, but that bloke clearly has something about him that makes players want to come here.

That's three lads who've joined now who could have played Championship football this season.

Yes, money, let's be serious the main reason they have come is wages and you can't blame them for it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Thank god. As good as anything I’ve seen at this level. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Whilst I wouldn't disagree with you, if I was a footballer and got offered a contract at Rotherham for 3 years on £10k, with the likelihood of relegation in front of poor crowds - or £9k but with a £2k increase subject to promotion at Wednesday I'd take Wednesday because of the crowds and the fact memories come from promotion years 

Smith and Ihekwie have had three promotions already i think so they already have good memories let's hope they make it four.

28 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Good news...pigs dont get him and mk lose their best player

• Like 3