SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

We’re signing players to play multiple positions/ formations 

formations will not only change by match but the 5 sub rule will see many teams finish the game in a different formation to what they start the game with 

guessing the formation and starting line up will be near impossible in my opinion 

but as for what more do we need 

strength in depth and pace 

I’d say 

Gk possibly x1

CB x 2

CM x1 possibly 

Wide players/ wingbacks full backs wingers or wide forwards x 3 

striker x 1

So 7 possibly 9 more 

Won't happen 

If we’re planning three at the back we probably need two more CB’s signed.

if we’re playing four at the back we need a an out and out left back, maybe even two.

We’ve not even touched the loan market yet which is exciting. There’s always one good’un out of the 7 we tend to sign 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PTLiam said:

there's only one reason a footballer signs for someone. Money. all this big club blah blah it's rubbish. they are media trained to say what people want to hear. it's about money and nothing else. 

Whilst I wouldn't disagree with you, if I was a footballer and got offered a contract at Rotherham for 3 years on £10k, with the likelihood of relegation in front of poor crowds - or £9k but with a £2k increase subject to promotion at Wednesday I'd take Wednesday because of the crowds and the fact memories come from promotion years 

28 minutes ago, fpowl said:

It’s Raul Silva 

Would be a typical silly random signing we would make.

33 this year. Played 56 league games in the last 4 seasons for Braga and Estoril (on loan this season). Missed loads of games due to injuries including having knee sugery.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Whilst I wouldn't disagree with you, if I was a footballer and got offered a contract at Rotherham for 3 years on £10k, with the likelihood of relegation in front of poor crowds - or £9k but with a £2k increase subject to promotion at Wednesday I'd take Wednesday because of the crowds and the fact memories come from promotion years 

Easy to say when your not in that position though fella. 

25 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

33 this year. Played 56 league games in the last 4 seasons for Braga and Estoril (on loan this season). Missed loads of games due to injuries including having knee sugery.

Sounds perfect. Surgery on one knee or both?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Good job that we don't have scouting/ agent representation then in Portugal...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PTLiam said:

Easy to say when your not in that position though fella. 

It is but footballers are far richer than me and I now work (part time) for far less money than I could earn because it's a more "rewarding" role. I've also turned down a promotion in the past because it would have put extra burden on the family. 

There's been cases in the past where players have shown integrity or desire over money. Chris Marsden is one, for example. 

It's probably rare though, especially when agents are involved as it diminishes their cut!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Sounds perfect. Surgery on one knee or both?

March 2019 serious injury to cruciate ligaments in left knee. Required surgery and out until January 2020. Earlier the same season out for 3 months with a hamstring injury. He's also had hamstring injuries previously.

He could be over his injuries but worryingly since that knee injury he has only played 41 games and completed all 90 mins in 19 of those. At 33 years old this year, you wonder how many games you would get out of him in a 46 game season.

Surely we'd be better off keeping Hutch.

• Like 3

On 21/06/2022 at 08:00, Owl66 said:

Because he’s On a free (refused new contract 4yrs because wants to try his luck in England ) and already said two championship clubs in for him but wants to come to Wednesday ! Come on try to keep up if he actually signs the Wednesday fans will love him he’s class. Sounds like big daz doing his magic again.😀

I cant believe Botteghin has refused a 4 year contract being 33.