SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

What a crazy few days.

Say what you like about big Darren, but that bloke clearly has something about him that makes players want to come here.

That's three lads who've joined now who could have played Championship football this season.

This 100% ^^^

8 hours ago, Owl66 said:

Jamie off to bed now mate up early tomorrow london meeting so won’t be joining in the banter till tomorrow evening and as moneybags Duran says going to raid the piggy bank for my train fair 😂😂good night and keep the faith 👍🇧🇷

Hate to tell you this, Striker has disrupted train travel today!

What more do we need then? Assuming we’re signing players primarily to play 3-5-2, my wish list would be:

CB - at least one left footer, maybe Opoku from Fulham who we were linked with last summer? Palmer can cover but IMO we really need a left footer for that side, one first choice and one back up would be ideal

LWB - maybe Cadden from Forest Green? Or can Brown turn things round? Is Galvin good enough to be back up?

CM - a bit more creativity as cover for Bannan/Byers would be nice if we’re being greedy and Hunt isn’t ready to step up, I suppose Windass could always play as a 10 though with a solid midfield two behind him and two strikers in front 

ST - we’re not lacking physicality but adding some pace and flair to the mix would be good… see what happens with Wilks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

That's three lads who've joined now who could have played Championship football this season.

It’s kinda crazy when you think about it that players would want to drop a league to come to Wednesday. I know it’s partially about money - but that can’t be the whole reason. Even if it were guaranteed we would to go up this season, they’d still be in a team a year behind those they could’ve been with - and at a time in their career they may not get so many more opportunities.

The place and DM must still have a big lure on players for them to choose to come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

What more do we need then? Assuming we’re signing players primarily to play 3-5-2, my wish list would be:

CB - at least one left footer, maybe Opoku from Fulham who we were linked with last summer? Palmer can cover but IMO we really need a left footer for that side, one first choice and one back up would be ideal

LWB - maybe Cadden from Forest Green? Or can Brown turn things round? Is Galvin good enough to be back up?

CM - a bit more creativity as cover for Bannan/Byers would be nice if we’re being greedy and Hunt isn’t ready to step up, I suppose Windass could always play as a 10 though with a solid midfield two behind him and two strikers in front 

ST - we’re not lacking physicality but adding some pace and flair to the mix would be good… see what happens with Wilks

A true left back, nothing fancy just a solid defender so we can play a four when we need to 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Owl66 said:

So when posters ridicule you and after you’ve been proved right why not ? If I was wrong I would have been hammered! No worries student don’t reply to my posts not an issue for me.

There's alot on here that can give it & not take it back tbf fella.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, malek said:

Indeed, Chansiei's millions. No one can say that He wasn't supported to the hilt this Pre season. 

If Championship clubs offered as much money as We did I'm certain that all these players would rather played Championship football next season. Thinking they signed with us because of Moore sounds a bit too optimistic. 

there's only one reason a footballer signs for someone. Money. all this big club blah blah it's rubbish. they are media trained to say what people want to hear. it's about money and nothing else. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

A true left back, nothing fancy just a solid defender so we can play a four when we need to 

I agree.

I would like us to look at Purrington who Charlton have just failed to agree a new deal with. 26 can play LB, LCB & LWB. Formerly of Rotherham too so fits in with our recruitment strategy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, malek said:

Indeed, Chansiei's millions. No one can say that He wasn't supported to the hilt this Pre season. 

If Championship clubs offered as much money as We did I'm certain that all these players would rather played Championship football next season. Thinking they signed with us because of Moore sounds a bit too optimistic. 

I should imagine that money was the main driver but wouldn't  be surprised if Moore and club stature  played strong supporting roles.

By the way, whats your take on our recruitment  so far? Personally I think that getting proven performers in to address our aerial weaknesses at the back and up front was essential for us to be favourites for autos. I really do hope now though, that we complete the squad with younger players who have a reasonable chance of progressing to become valuable longer term assets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

We’re signing players to play multiple positions/ formations 

formations will not only change by match but the 5 sub rule will see many teams finish the game in a different formation to what they start the game with 

guessing the formation and starting line up will be near impossible in my opinion 

but as for what more do we need 

strength in depth and pace 

I’d say 

Gk possibly x1

CB x 2

CM x1 possibly 

Wide players/ wingbacks full backs wingers or wide forwards x 3 

striker x 1

So 7 possibly 9 more