SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

6 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Purrington be a solid option on the left side . Fairly attack minded but solid defensively. I know most Charlton fans were bemused he wasn’t given a new deal . Good age too and be a back up option for Johnson . Be happy with him

I was under the impression he had been offered a new deal at Charlton and he had declined Charlton but may not be the case.

He was not originally on their retained list but was announced a month later he was leaving without confirming if he was offered a deal or not. 

Any who, think he’s a decent option for both 4231/352 and can cover 2/3 different roles. 

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

I was under the impression he had been offered a new deal at Charlton and he had declined Charlton but may not be the case.

He was not originally on their retained list but was announced a month later he was leaving without confirming if he was offered a deal or not. 

Any who, think he’s a decent option for both 4231/352 and can cover 2/3 different roles. 

yeah might be that then mate as opposed to just being released or whatever . Just been on Charltons Twitter page and scrolled through comments and there mainly disappointed he didn’t stay . Comments such  as ‘good solid full back ‘ mr consistent ‘ etc . Disappointed to lose a good attacking full back. Sounds perfect for that left hand side competition 

• Like 1

Been championing Purrington on here. 

Him, Gibson and a PL youngster RB on loan sorts the defence. 

Add Wilks and Anderson on loan and squads done for me

Hopefully shift out Brown and Sow and possibly Paterson if we can 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Told Chansiri won’t pay what Hull want for Malik Wilks,  still talking , player desperate to sign 

Don’t want us to pay too much but really hope we can sign Wilks.  I can see Moore using him as a striker to add to the pool of Smith, Gregory and Windass which would be impressive for league 1.

I see no reason why Wilks can’t follow in Antonio’s path of becoming a striker instead of a wide player.  Lots of potential there 

• Like 2

The one good thing i like out this transfer window no loan signings yet, we got way too many last year and only really BPF and Storey added anything to the team, the rest either never played or were never fit.

Now lets get 2 or 3 younger players to add some energy to the team.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Don’t want us to pay too much but really hope we can sign Wilks.  I can see Moore using him as a striker to add to the pool of Smith, Gregory and Windass which would be impressive for league 1.

I see no reason why Wilks can’t follow in Antonio’s path of becoming a striker instead of a wide player.  Lots of potential there 

Also they want players in first as well hill before they let any players go as well 

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The one good thing i like out this transfer window no loan signings yet, we got way too many last year and only really BPF and Storey added anything to the team, the rest either never played or were never fit.

Now lets get 2 or 3 younger players to add some energy to the team.

Hope we can add a bit of pace. 

I just hope that we continue our new trend of not buying players who are injury prone. Time after time after time we have shot ourselves in the foot by buying injury prone players, then we have the annual debate about why we get so many injuries without looking at the records of the players we've bought in the first place. 

• Like 1