SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

25 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Ben Purrington linked via Alex Miller of the star. LB from Charlton formerly of Rotherham. Available on a free. 

Played at Rovrum at the same time as Vaulks and the new CB. May provide a little more encouragement to him. 

53 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Don’t know how or why you could declare Hunt and Galvin are no where good enough? 

TBF Hunt could not command a place every week in a team that got relegated from L2 whilst Galvin was on loan at Gloucester City. There is little to suggest either would contribute to a team targeting automatic promotion in L1 based on that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I’d keep Pato...gives us a diff dimension in some games, plus his shithousery is great

High wages for someone who doesn’t provide a great deal on the pitch

Really can’t see where he fits this season at the moment 

If we can move him on it would be ideal for all parties

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

Too many players? - If we include Alex Hunt, Brennan  Galvin & Brown, we have 22 already.  If we add a wide player, a LB and another CH, that gets us to 25 .  Then some posters are talking about 5/7 loanees!  Don't think many clubs will be sending their aspiring stars to us when there is no guarantee that they are even going to win a place on the bench.  Anderson from Newcastle is mentioned, when will he be selected before BB, WV and GB, never mind our own starlets waiting for a chance?  Meanwhile, the payroll cost keeps rising.

Brown tho

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

High wages for someone who doesn’t provide a great deal on the pitch

Really can’t see where he fits this season at the moment 

If we can move him on it would be ideal for all parties

Moore seems to like some utility players in his squad, Paterson fits that mould 

I've not seen where he fits since he signed. 

To be fair to the player and add value for the team, I'd prefer it if we worked on him to develop him in a specified role. 

All he seems to do of late is be thrown on to run around, barge into people and give silly free kicks away. Seems to have lost his way a bit.

Yes, he's a good character to have around, plenty of effort but little actual impact. 

• Like 4

Problem with Paterson he’s just not fitting in . 
probably 3rd choice at right wing back  after hunt / palmer .

4th choice striker / potentially further down the line if we get another forward in. 

the only way I see him playing is injuries or the odd sub appearance if we change 2 strikers now there is 5 subs . I don’t see him starting much more then 10 games . 

we shall see he might have a great pre season and kick on. When we got relegated I fancied him to get 12 goals +. 

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Ben Purrington is  described as a fans' favourite at The Valley by Alex Miller.

Having viewed comments on their forum, I find that hard to believe. 

Just go to their Twitter page and scroll to 13th of June . You will see 90% were disappointed he left 

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Ben Purrington is  described as a fans' favourite at The Valley by Alex Miller.

Having viewed comments on their forum, I find that hard to believe. 

You may find this unbelievable but Charlton fans actually moan more than we do!

He seems like a good option to compete with Johnson. Decent goal return too for a full back/wing back.

7 hours ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

Too many players? - If we include Alex Hunt, Brennan  Galvin & Brown, we have 22 already.  If we add a wide player, a LB and another CH, that gets us to 25 .  Then some posters are talking about 5/7 loanees!  Don't think many clubs will be sending their aspiring stars to us when there is no guarantee that they are even going to win a place on the bench.  Anderson from Newcastle is mentioned, when will he be selected before BB, WV and GB, never mind our own starlets waiting for a chance?  Meanwhile, the payroll cost keeps rising.

Players like Hunt, Brennan, Galvin & Brown won’t be on high wages and there’s every likelihood that a couple of those will be going out on loan. If we can strengthen our squad and bench options then we need to do so. With the use of 5 subs and a long season it doesn’t look like we are spending above our means.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Players like Hunt, Brennan, Galvin & Brown won’t be on high wages and there’s every likelihood that a couple of those will be going out on loan. If we can strengthen our squad and bench options then we need to do so. With the use of 5 subs and a long season it doesn’t look like we are spending above our means.

All 4 of them should be loaned out if some is going to take them hanging around our team this year will do nothing for them 

what we need is then playing competitive football,  to keep hold of them just to be ready to sit on the bench when we start picking up injuries is a poor when we need to be bringing them on 

they are no where near breaking into this first team yet because other players are ahead of them to what they can offer or  bring to the table 

Cammy did himself no harm by spending the season at Exeter 

let these lads be part of a squad for a season, including preseason if a club wants them 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

We do have to factor in injuries though. Let’s face it, we suffer massively in this area so we do need strength in depth if we want to challenge at the top end of the league.

3 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

We won't get rid of Pato.  He was involved in 45 games last season.  Moore obviously likes him.  

Pato is under rated he does everything ugly that’s sometimes needed, he comes on and kicks people, I’d generally horrible and is our current number 1 **** house 

He doesn’t or he won’t start many games this year I don’t think because it looks like we’re adding the depth into the squad that covers his physicality like smith and vaulks 

and I can’t see us starting many games needing Patterson’s attributes 

but you can guarantee when we are needing to change things and freshen up or tighten up and see the game out  ( game management) patto is a good solid option to be sat on that bench 

ultimate squad player, not pretty, underrated 

• Like 1

I reckon we will want 2 players for each position then those on the U23/first team fringe would be supplementary. There are loads of games aren’t there particularly that first half of the season. It always seems disproportionate as it’s the clubs with less money that are put under fixture pressure and would ideally need big squads but it’s those at the top who moan about it!

I don't rate Patterson particularly, but in a 46 game season, he is a very useful squad player. The issue being, I bet he won't be that happy with that, we have all seen him throwing his dummy out the pram when he has been subbed despite another inept display.

If he was happy to be a squad player then fine, he covers a variety of positions and can do a job for one off games. You don't want him starting games. 

I think we will make only 3-4 more additions.

1 cb

1 lb who can cover centre back

1 striker 

1 GK (1 wouldn’t but heard we might)

Stockdale

Dawson

1 GK

Hunt

Palmer

Heneghan

Iorfa

Iky (can’t spell his name yet)

Brennan

1CB

(Palmer and possibly another as cover)

Johnson 

Purrington?

(Galvin)

Vaulks

Byers

Bannan

Dele-Bashiru 

Adeniran

Hunt

Paterson

Gregory

Smith

Windass

Wilks(?)

Sow

(Cadamateri)

That gives us 26/27 players with  four or more being under 21. Also we can change formation at any point as Windass, Wilkes (if we get him), Paterson, Adeniran, Sow and Johnson can all play as wide forwards. I think four more is enough.

PS: I didn’t include Jaden Brown as he’s abysmal!

• Like 1