Who is happier tonight after that?

I’m ok with a 1-0 deficit. We weren’t at the races until 75/80 mins. 

we need a first half goal and a clean sheet to take into second half on Monday night 

• Like 1

I just had a quick look on one of the Sunderland forums. They seem pretty happy with their one goal advantage and a lot of them think Neal can set them up well enough to get a draw at Hillsborough which would see them through. They are particularly happy with how they snuffed Baz out of the game for the first 75 mins or so. 

All to play for on Monday. Tonight’s history. MK Dons away proves we can get off to great starts, Pompey last week shows our power at home even when down & we know we can beat these at Hillsborough. Positive attitude is mandatory right now until the final whistle blows on Monday night - for all connected with our great football club from us fans, the players, management & owner right up to the boot cleaner. Game on! Come on Wednesday!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I don’t think shocking is a fair description taking into context it was the first leg of the play offs.

Agree to disagree but I thought we were terrible from front to back for the vast majority of the match. Couldn't do any of the basics, complete lack of composure at the back and did nothing up front. 

Have to be much, much better to progress on Monday night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Sunderland will be kicking themselves. They had loads of amazing chances and had no composure. 

We are 1-0 down but have a packed Hillsborough and our home form to look forward to. 

It’s all to play for but I think WE have the upper hand. 

UTO

We got out of jail tonight, poor performance and only 1 down. Can't play yjat bad again hopefully.

We can do this on Monday at least we have no option but to go for it now.

• Like 1

We were shocking! They should’ve put 2/3 more away. Hopefully they’ll come to regret it. I’m not too fussed it’s only 1-0 though, I’d have took that somewhat knowing they’ve got to come to our place. We need to get at them and hopefully it’s a different game Monday. 
If we play like that again we don’t deserve to go up simple as that. 
Cracking atmosphere from them, but now it’s our turn. Play up Wednesday!!

30 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Sunderland will be kicking themselves. They had loads of amazing chances and had no composure. 

We are 1-0 down but have a packed Hillsborough and our home form to look forward to. 

It’s all to play for but I think WE have the upper hand. 

UTO

Agreed. We were poor but the only goal they scored was from a gift and a bit of luck.

Both sides had much better home records so I would be ok with only going 1 goal down into the 2nd leg, and that's what happened.

We can put teams to the sword at home. With Hunt back at WB and the crowd going, we can easily overturn this.

We avoided a big deficit and have been miles better at home all season. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

In a wierd way I'm not so sure about that.  If we had have nicked a 1-0 could have easily seen Moore play defensively again.

Now we have to go all out to win at home and so far this season that's when we have been at our best.

I really hope yer right