Who is happier tonight after that?

They will be happier with the 1 goal lead. However, they were desperate to get the game over as we clearly had the edge in the last 20 and they were spent. We gave them two gilt edge opportunities to score and they took only one. They had other chances but that was all, chances don’t win games. So, I think they’ll be disappointed with that.

No doubt, we have to be firing on Monday night to get something from it. Going into the game 1-0 down means we can’t be conservative, we need to go at them from the off. The tie is definitely not over and still in our hands.

The crowd needs to be the 12th man, noisey from the 1st to the last whistle. UTO!

They're unbeaten under Neil, and they haven't lost by two goals or more away since January. We barely looked like scoring and are lucky to be still in the tie. So I can't say I'm confident. But we still have a chance at least.

Edited by Sova
  • Like 1

Before the game I would have snapped your hand off for a 1-0 win going into the second leg but the way it panned out I'm disappointed we didn't get a second.

Its been said a few times and it's absolutely spot on, we are so evenly matched and this one is going either to the last few minutes of the second game or extra time and penalties.

One thing I know about Alex Neil is that he will change our team, formation and tactics for Monday night so I literally haven't a clue how we will play this. One thing I do know is that it's going to be an epic game.

As I've said before, if you go through I hope you go all the way, you're a top club and as friendly a bunch of supporters as I've experienced. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Black Cat said:

Before the game I would have snapped your hand off for a 1-0 win going into the second leg but the way it panned out I'm disappointed we didn't get a second.

Its been said a few times and it's absolutely spot on, we are so evenly matched and this one is going either to the last few minutes of the second game or extra time and penalties.

One thing I know about Alex Neil is that he will change our team, formation and tactics for Monday night so I literally haven't a clue how we will play this. One thing I do know is that it's going to be an epic game.

As I've said before, if you go through I hope you go all the way, you're a top club and as friendly a bunch of supporters as I've experienced. 

We will both meet in higher leagues soon, whatever happens.

The fixture should really be a premier league game.

We are still in it, but they are favs now.

We are going to have to find more than a few extra gears to turn this around.

It's doable but not going to be easy.

10 hours ago, Hirstyslaces said:

..Jack Hunt & Dean Windass to start, for me anyway, with Nathaniel Mendez Laing waiting in the wings.....

Come on Wednesday.

Let's fu*king do this!

UTO.

👍👍

I'm not sure I'd risk him, doesn't look match fit to me...

6531882-0-image-a-28_1542919414572.jpg.e5d235fb383982a6a7fe728700827b20.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sova said:

They're unbeaten under Neil, and they haven't lost by two goals or more away since January. We barely looked like scoring and are lucky to be still in the tie. So I can't say I'm confident. But we still have a chance at least.

I don’t like the sound of that

Guest Andy W
14 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Sunderland fans will feel happier, but I predicted that score before kick off and I’m not disappointed after it

I believe in our ability to score 2 goals at home against Sunderland

Assuming they don't score, which I reckon they will and early too

I think we have got to be the happier, only 1 down when it could have been 2 or 3

The fact is we've got our worse performance out of the way and only lost 1-0 away from home so our performance on Monday can only be better

They must be kicking themselves that they didn't put us to bed, certainly had the chances so I think overall we have to be happy that we're still in it

On 06/05/2022 at 22:08, Kanye West said:

Need an early goal at hillsborough 

I agree with this, the longer the game goes without us scoring if it’s stalemate the crowd and players will get more and more anxious

sunderland score first and we are in the doggy turd

20 hours ago, Sova said:

This is basically how I feel. I am really worried that we won't make enough chances based on the first leg and how Sunderland will set up on Monday.  To be frank even if we do create chances they basically have to fall to Gregory.

I'm still clinging to the hope that we make something happen from long range or from set pieces but i expect Monday will be another low scoring game.

Before kickoff, I was hoping for a sneaky away win or a draw, but as that second half progressed, I honestly thought it could be all over by the time we kicked off on Monday evening, such was the momentum that goal gave them.

Given how things went on Friday, the fact that it's still all to play for on Monday had to be a positive, really.

23 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

You know, I'm not sure they will after that. 

They didn't take their chances and this was the opportunity to. They know that the reverse fixture is going to be difficult and the chances they will get will likely be limited by comparison. They should have really run out at least 2-0 from this, against a timid and sloppy Wednesday side.  

Totally agree though on our ability at home. Score early, put the pressure on, get the fans screaming. 

That’s kind of my point

They may feel happier, but I’m not sure they actually are 

I'd say that Sunderland are pretty confident going into Monday.

We were pretty much at full strength, rhey had a couple of players out, including Broadhead.

They know that we have little answer to the high press and are vulnerable to the counter.

We have to score, so we'll need to push the wingbacks up, leaving the CBs isolated and vulnerable.

Press us hard and even if we score, they probably will too, so even though they didn't put it to bed, they'll be pretty happy.