Who is happier tonight after that?

I'd have took a single goal defeat even if we'd have played well, so to get it even when imho we were terrible, certainly for 1st half is for me a decent result. We are capable of playing so much better, and we will without doubt score on Monday. If Sunderland hold out, they will have deserved it, but I'm convinced we will score.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Sunderland will be kicking themselves. They had loads of amazing chances and had no composure. 

We are 1-0 down but have a packed Hillsborough and our home form to look forward to. 

It’s all to play for but I think WE have the upper hand. 

UTO

Think if it had been a draw we'd have been strong favourites, with that score bits finely balanced for me.  

We NEED to come out all gun's blazing from kick off on Monday, get at them put them under the cosh and get goal back asap.

• Like 1

They came out of the trap in the second half and could easy had one or two more.

Last 15 we managed to peg them back and create a few chances, they were nervy and good by out for the 1-0.

We need to come out fast, if we get that goal early on they might crumble.

Sunderland will definitely be the happier taking a win into the second leg, but that could've been a lot worse and we're definitely not out of it. 

Anything more than 1-0 we'd be dead n buried, but get an early goal on Monday and we'll go through I reckon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GMOwl72 said:

Can’t see us keeping a clean sheet against them at Hillsborough which would mean we would need to score a minimum of 3 to go through automatically. 

Have you not watched us much to his year? We are totally different side at home, said going into tonight this is the two best home teams in the league but both are dodgy away.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Considering how shocking that performance was I feel massively relieved we're still in it as we could and probably should be out of contention now. 

Got to pray that was a wake up call and we've got all the poo out of the way 1st leg.

I don’t think shocking is a fair description taking into context it was the first leg of the play offs.

• Like 1