Bolton - Wednesday - OMDT

All in all not a disaster but the manner of the result was disappointing. 100% still in our own hands. Not one of the teams vying for the play offs can or will win all their remaining games. We are a very difficult team to beat with the best home record in the division. 2 wins and 2 draws or 3 wins will be enough. Oxford are all but out of contention so for me it’s any 3 from 4.

Us, Plymouth and Sunderland is my prediction. Wycombe to miss out.

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Love the optimism mate 🙌

Two wins and three draws would see us on 82 points. That’s got to be enough for sixth? 

Trouble is, one of those wins has to be on the last day of the season….squeaky bum time!!

• Like 2

I think we are going to finish on 83 points which will/should be enough. If we have to lose another away game, I’d rather it was against Fleetwood tbh. Wycombe have it all to do with a game less to play and I expect them to miss out. Top 6 to be the current incumbents. 

Plymouth could still lose all their games or pick up just a couple of points. They play Wycombe, Sunderland, Wigan and MK Dons. Still think they'll be dragged back into it with a couple of games left.

Alternative is they beat Wycombe and Sunderland and help us in that way.

Edited by SUAOwl

30 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You can blame Moore for playing a winger as a central striker who is obviously hopeless there and have proper strikers sat on the bench.

But we battered them all game and excellent chances were missed by 4 or 5 players. Game should have been well over before we conceded.

Remember battering Bolton under Carlos too - and we still drew!

If we play like that for the rest of the season I'd be happy but it's all about results now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

We tend to do better against the so called better teams. Double over Wigan who will probably be champions, we dominated MK Dons and won, we have beaten Rotherham, Plymouth and Sunderland who are all currently in the top 6

and been beaten 0-5 sunderland and 0-3 plymouth ?????????????????

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Played really well today but very disappointing to throw it away in the final minutes. A win would have out us in an extremely strong position. 

Still not concerned as we will have enough for top 6. 

Pretty exact NO. Bloody annoying though when we conceded.

Carry on regardless. 

9508CD3B-86E9-462E-9425-A8615927A9C5.jpeg

6 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Look at Plymouth's last 4 games, all against the top 6. Will Plymouth get to 82?

Good point, but I think Plymouth will only require another five points maximum (four to get to 82 points)... If Plymouth can beat Sunderland at Home Park and get a point or more at Wycombe in their next two games, that would help us, too.

Likewise, Rotherham, despite awful form of late, probably only need one win or a couple of draws to ensure that they are in the play-offs and they have six games left. The play-off semis for Toytown, however, might be a stumbling block because they are not in the best of form. They could help us by beating Sunderland and finish off any lingering hope for Oxford, assuming that they will still be in with a shout in a fortnight's time.

Maybe Rovrum might suddenly start playing like a promotion team next week and pull in six wins!? They can only slip up once though, given the current position, if they still are in with a shout of AP..

12 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

But we battered them all game and excellent chances were missed by 4 or 5 players. Game should have been well over before we conceded.

Remember battering Bolton under Carlos too - and we still drew!

If we play like that for the rest of the season I'd be happy but it's all about results now.

But NML has missed two of the simplest chances you'll see in the last 2 games. I don't think he even likes playing there himself, it's so obvious he's not suited to it 

The worrying thing is if we do get into the play offs and DM continues shoehorning NML in there instead of a forward we won't be getting to the final..

Play your best players in their best positions, simple.

I don’t like the end to that. Sunderland will probably beat Shrewsbury at home on Friday, and if Wycombe get a result we then need a win at MK Dons.

Obviously if we don’t win at MK Dons it’s not over, it’s just that we’d be going in to the last 4 games 3 points off the pace and then I wouldn’t really fancy us to not bottle it. 

Alternatively probably going to need a result at Wycombe. Given how we are I’d have preferred a lead over the other sides, I don’t think we’re the sort of side who would chase it down we’re. more likely to bottle it and fade away.

Those last 5 mins going from 4 points clear to level will define the season.