Bolton - Wednesday - OMDT

Guest Jack the Hat
6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

17 goals conceded from set plays this season. 

Abysmal. 

We need a manager who used to be a defender to sort this out,

Just now, sexpistol said:

Tbf the ref gave us many decisions today. Our goal looked questionable too. Having said that some of those missed eg Bazza and NML were appalling.

I’d have to watch the goal back as it was a bit of a scramble but agree re the ref and missed chances, we should’ve been at least one up by half time. 

I do feel like a team with that nasty shithouse win at all costs streak in them would’ve got Kachunga sent off there and made sure of the points though - we’ve played enough teams like that this season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel. said:

It was predicted when Sunderland scored and we conceded a corner.

Set plays have been a big issue for us but it’s also a strength of any team at this level. 

Just as big an issue is the lack of fire power. Missed chance after missed chance has cost us automatic promotion and playoffs still in the balance when minutes earlier we looked to be sitting pretty. The Wednesday Way springs to mind once again 

Don’t disagree but why hasn’t this been addressed with an ex-centre half as manager?

• Like 2

Just now, beswetherick said:

I’d have to watch the goal back as it was a bit of a scramble but agree re the ref and missed chances, we should’ve been at least one up by half time. 

I do feel like a team with that nasty shithouse win at all costs streak in them would’ve got Kachunga sent off there and made sure of the points though - we’ve played enough teams like that this season

Kachunga had his arms wrapped around Luongo as the cross came in. Probably a penalty so good advantage played by the ref.

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Tbf the ref gave us many decisions today. Our goal looked questionable too. Having said that some of those missed eg Bazza and NML were appalling.

Spot on, you’re goal should have been ruled out for a dragging down of Kachunga on the line. That said you should have been 2 or 3 up at HT but sadly if you don’t take your chances this is what happens. Just to make it worse for you, we’re poo from set pieces!! You will still do it you’re too good not to and that support is amazing. Genuinely, good luck in the rest of your games.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Can't blame Moore. The players just haven't taken their chances. Should have scored 4 or 5 today.

You can blame Moore for playing a winger as a central striker who is obviously hopeless there and have proper strikers sat on the bench.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

We never get managers like that.

Owls fans don't want them.

• Like 1