Bolton - Wednesday - OMDT

1 hour ago, 1963owl said:

Don’t talk daft

It's true. Are you confident we can beat any of the top 8 at the moment? I'm certainly not.

These past few weeks we've shown we still have a fragility to us. Our performances aren't convincing and not only that, but we have a manager who either doesn't want to or can't see the best team to pick. Also if we lose ANY one of our 3 CMs then we are absolutely screwed

At this stage we should be heading in to the final run in / play offs with a confidence about our play but we are from that point. We struggle to break teams down and we struggle to finish teams off.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 1961OWL said:

All in all not a disaster but the manner of the result was disappointing. 100% still in our own hands. Not one of the teams vying for the play offs can or will win all their remaining games. We are a very difficult team to beat with the best home record in the division. 2 wins and 2 draws or 3 wins will be enough. Oxford are all but out of contention so for me it’s any 3 from 4.

Us, Plymouth and Sunderland is my prediction. Wycombe to miss out.

Agree it's 3 from four, would love a Plymouth win next Friday.Friday.

Mk Dons struggled to nick a point at Wimbledon today so there's no reason why we can't get something there next weekend.  The game in hand is massive as is having the crewe game next Tuesday which is about best fixture anyone could bask for at present.

DRaw at mk and Wycombe and win other 3 and nothing any team can do to stop us

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, smhouston said:

It's true. Are you confident we can beat any of the top 8 at the moment? I'm certainly not.

These past few weeks we've shown we still have a fragility to us. Our performances aren't convincing and not only that, but we have a manager who either doesn't want to or can't see the best team to pick. Also if we lose ANY one of our 3 CMs then we are absolutely screwed

At this stage we should be heading in to the final run in / play offs with a confidence about our play but we are from that point. We struggle to break teams down and we struggle to finish teams off.

I'd back us to beat nearly all the top 8 at home. 

The problem is away from home. 

23 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Disappointing season? lol

We’re 5th with the best home record in the EFL! 

I know.

it is me being ridiculous. I’ve just not enjoyed this season. I feel despite our fantastic position, we have under achieved.

I don’t know maybe the last couple of seasons has sucked the confidence out of me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Yes pretty confident. We'll have a decent chance in the playoffs although the format means there is always a large amount of luck involved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Cheers for that mate and best of luck to Bolton in the future.

I know he’s injured at the moment and don’t know if he’s out of contract in summer but I hope you’ve enjoyed Kieran Lee as much as we did

Cheers Pal, I honestly can not understand why you let KL leave, he’s been absolutely sublime since he’s been with us. No damage done today so you should have no problems making the top six and I can only wish you well. Actually I’m kind of a pseudo Wednesdayite, living in SYorks since 1981 and for some reason always preferred the Owls to the other lot. Good luck guys.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Phil Osafee said:

Cheers Pal, I honestly can not understand why you let KL leave, he’s been absolutely sublime since he’s been with us. No damage done today so you should have no problems making the top six and I can only wish you well. Actually I’m kind of a pseudo Wednesdayite, living in SYorks since 1981 and for some reason always preferred the Owls to the other lot. Good luck guys.

I assume it was due to his injury record, although he played a fair amount of games in his last season for us… if it was down to the fans I think most would’ve wanted to keep him on.

It was a real shame his contract expired during Covid so we never had the chance to give him a proper send-off, and a shame he wasn’t playing today because the reception he would’ve got from our travelling fans would’ve been pretty special 

19 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I assume it was due to his injury record, although he played a fair amount of games in his last season for us… if it was down to the fans I think most would’ve wanted to keep him on.

It was a real shame his contract expired during Covid so we never had the chance to give him a proper send-off, and a shame he wasn’t playing today because the reception he would’ve got from our travelling fans would’ve been pretty special 

I’m sure he’d have loved it. Let’s hope you don’t get chance next season? 🤪😀

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Won 5 drew 1 lost 2

Not a bad return for the others in the top 6

Your response was a bit weak tbh.

Not sure it’s that weak being the hammerings they were.

plus I discounted the cup game v Plymouth.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Not sure it’s that weak being the hammerings they were.

plus I discounted the cup game v Plymouth.

So you should discount the cup game as we are talking league games. The fact we lost twice and one being a hammering, it still doesn’t mask the overall record against the top 6 which is pretty impressive.