WEDNESDAY- WIMBLEDON - omdt

Superstitions surrounding this game have made me less confident than I otherwise would have been.

The opposites are; flirting with relegation....check, haven't won in 21 games....check, lost their last 5....check, sacked their manager...check, replaced him with someone I've heard of ...check, will come to defend....check. Plus, Wednesday; have been in the press for having the best home form in the country.....check, finally got back into the top 6....check.

For many reasons, not as easy a game as it should be. They will focus on shape and not losing, the notorious low block incoming at Hillsborough. 0-0 wouldn't surprise me, neither would the doomsday scenario of conceding a scrappy set piece goal.

Important we work the ball quickly, get crosses in, create shooting opportunities around the edge of the box and take them. If we can get a goal, their game plan done and in a contest where they have to come out and play a game of  football, likely we win. 

Having said all of the above, watch us be 2-0 up after 20 minutes and coast to a 4-0 win. Let's hope so.

• Like 5

What's happened. No comments? Has everyone avoided a prediction due to the difference in class and form between the 2 teams?

Oh well here goes. 

Our home form to continue and The Wombles to suffer another defeat. 

5-0 to the Wednesday boys. 

• Love 1

Sod the banana skins, got a great feeling about today. Woke up with a whopping gret boner, flew back the curtains and the sun is shining. Beautiful day, what more do we need. 

A storming Wednesday win, that's what. 

7 - 0 to THE MIGHTY OWLS 

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS !!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 7

Thanks Mylord! I've been waiting for this.

I'm getting really excited. For me it looks like a win today.

The manager and players are well aware of the Wimbledon thread (at least based on the interviews). 

Didn't hear anything about Storey! Do we know more?

UTO 💙🤍💙

4:1

Excellent Snoots, thank you, my Saturday's off to a good start.

Today at fortress Hillsborough, our amazing home form against a team on a shocking run, this is going to be good.

This is going to be a sound beating / thrashing / massacre / rout / suprising defeat*

*delete where applicable

Why am I nervous? Today should be the easiest of easy games where we destroy Wimbledon and make up the gap in goal difference on Oxford. But no doubt it won’t be. Unless of course it is. 
Ive no fôokin idea. Fingers crossed for an early Wednesday goal to steady the nerves!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1