Kurt Zouma.

ANDY

1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

How many times have we discussed on here footballer's whose actions are reprehensible and they still cut a wage? 

Time and time again you see it. 

Ultimately, it comes down to how high a profile player he is as to the action taken against him, the club will have it's own policy for dealing with it and he'll be rightly feeling the wrath of everyone as a result.

You do wonder where the line gets drawn though, surely this would be not just bringing the club into disrepute by his actions i.e. something they could potentially sack him for, but you have to wonder wtf is wrong with the world if he isn't taken to task and prosecuted.

West Ham should have taken stronger action against him, banned him for the period of times his wages are being pulled. 

Never understood why banning him would work? Punish him by giving him a holiday?

Fine him......that's the only way to hit a footballer, in the pocket....or the bōllox.

3 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Never understood why banning him would work? Punish him by giving him a holiday?

Fine him......that's the only way to hit a footballer, in the pocket....or the bōllox.

I’d love to see him being put in a cage full of Animal Rights Extremists tbh.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Depends how he then spends that time...................

Most footballers want to play, that is punishment, but the extension of that would be having him being humbled. Put him in a situation where he supports a charity or animal welfare sanctuary during that time.

Needless to say he should be banned from owning animals for life. 

• Like 1

Zouma is finished he will have this hanging around his neck for ever and rightfully so ,

what message did he send to his kids when he thought it was ok to slap a cat from them ?

and for Moyes to play him straight after the story broke and sweep it under the carpet 

by saying the club will deal with it internally hopefully will hit West Ham in the pocket ….

Moyes has gone way down in my estimation, fluff him. Saying he's an animal lover, obviously not. 

It's not an employment law issue, the twerp would have still been paid had he been dropped from the team for a number of games. So glad he's losing dollar from sponsors. 

Moyes can do one with his bull crap. 

Whilst not in anyway condoning what he’s done, I can’t help wondering what our fans base would think if we were thinking about signing a player who say

drove without a licence or 

whilst over the alcohol list or

failed to stop after an accident 

or all 3 even

And then made him captain

23 minutes ago, Ian said:

Whilst not in anyway condoning what he’s done, I can’t help wondering what our fans base would think if we were thinking about signing a player who say

or all 3 even

If we were looking for players without any sins it would be very slim pickings indeed, wouldn't it. Despicable animal cruelty shouldn't be compared to anything else. There are no double standards here if that is what you are implying. 

Also, you know damn well that Bannan was convicted of these when he was 21 years old and to me it looks like you're playing the rather sad game of trying to catch people out. No need for it lad. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ian said:

or all 3 even

The difference is zouma's intention was to abuse that cat. Most drink driver's don't set out with any ill intent, they make very poor errors of judgement. Neither are excusable in anyway, but the intent part is where there's a clear difference

Trying to play some sort of devils advocate is just a bit weird. Why not just discuss the abhorrent acts of a man abusing an animal and his clubs terrible reaction to it?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The trust he was a patron of for Lions has punted him now too

Apparently not gone down well in France either - i've seen some calls for him to be prosecuted by them (dunno how that would work) - but up to 4 years in clink over there for that kind of abuse apparently

8 hours ago, Ian said:

or all 3 even

Well done on getting a dig on Bannan into this thread.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Morepork said:

Football and unfortunately some fans seem to be capable of compartmentalising abhorrent behaviour. It’s inexcusable.

Be it the Raith Rovers board, the Saudi ownership of Newcastle, West Ham turning a blind eye to Zouma’s cruelty to animals. Mike Ashley’s employment abuses. And countless other examples……..

Elements of our fan base are unfortunately no different. 

They’d welcome the likes of Ashley with open arms. Any yet, In 2016 an MP’s report accused Mike Ashley’s sports direct of not treating its employees as humans. Yet there are some among us who are probably more outraged by the treatment of this cat. I’m left wondering if it’s because those being mistreated were in the main “immigrant workers”.

”I know he’s a serial killer but, he’s also a thirty goal a season striker……”

People can be so disappointing.

Olympics in China despite their action against Ugyghur Muslims. Which is in the news so little I probably haven’t even spelt it correctly.

Why do people have to keep conflating this with previous player indiscretions (for lack of a better word)? 

Yes, if we are playing a game of top trumps, then what Ross McCormick did about 15-years ago was worse than what Kurt Zouma did a few days back...but that doesn't mean Kurt Zouma shouldn't face serve criticism and some form of punishment and it also does not mean the reaction to what he did is misplaced or over the top. 

Animal cruelty is a terrible thing and Zouma deserves to be dragged over the hot coals for it. To be frank, he also deserves it for being so f*cking stupid too along with his brother. 

I'm just waiting for someone to say that all those appalled by his behaviour are snowflakes. That's where it is heading. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Why do people have to keep conflating this with previous player indiscretions (for lack of a better word)? 

Yes, if we are playing a game of top trumps, then what Ross McCormick did about 15-years ago was worse than what Kurt Zouma did a few days back...but that doesn't mean Kurt Zouma shouldn't face serve criticism and some form of punishment and it also does not mean the reaction to what he did is misplaced or over the top. 

Animal cruelty is a terrible thing and Zouma deserves to be dragged over the hot coals for it. To be frank, he also deserves it for being so f*cking stupid too along with his brother. 

I'm just waiting for someone to say that all those appalled by his behaviour are snowflakes. That's where it is heading. 

Antonio says racism is worse than beating up a cat

• Haha 1