Kurt Zouma.

ANDY

3 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Moyes can't win - apart from dishing out a club 'fine'.

Elite players are effectively unsackable and they know it.

Moyes could choose not to pick him less than 24 hours after this story broke. Moyes can choose whether the player is in his team, is around the training ground, is around the other players..

The football aspect of it is a complete cop out. Moyes either doesn’t care or doesn’t think it’s as important as kicking a bag of wind about.

• Like 3

Let’s keep a sense of proportion to all this, shall we.

I certainly don’t condone animal cruelty, but just Google - “ Luke McCormick - Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper “ - to see where I’m coming from.

He served porridge for causing death by dangerous driving while drunk, , yet PAFC welcomed him back with open arms after his release, and I don’t seem to recall him encountering anything like this level of hostility from football supporters in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darra said:

Adidas have stopped his sponsorship deal. Vitality are looking into stopping their sponsorship of West Ham 

That's good. They will have to sell him onto somewhere that doesn't care about cats. 

16 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I certainly don’t condone animal cruelty, but just Google - “ Luke McCormick - Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper “ - to see where I’m coming from.

He served porridge for causing death by dangerous driving while drunk, , yet PAFC welcomed him back with open arms after his release, and I don’t seem to recall him encountering anything like this level of hostility from football supporters in general.

He did get a bit but he's obviously not as big of a name 

17 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Football fans need to stop grading these things. Seen similar to this today regarding Mason Greenwood.

Kurt Zouma is a piece of sh*t whose actions deserves consequences. So is Mason Greenwood, and Luke McCormick, and various others. Those other cases have no relevance to anger about Zouma.

• Like 6

The thing most likely to prompt West Ham to take serious action (transfer him or cancel his contract) will be their sponsors cancelling their deals with West Ham.

The RSPCA are also looking into it so quite possible a criminal prosecution could follow.

PR wise it's a catastrophe for West Ham.

21 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Bit of whataboutism. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

The thing most likely to prompt West Ham to take serious action (transfer him or cancel his contract) will be their sponsors cancelling their deals with West Ham.

The RSPCA are also looking into it so quite possible a criminal prosecution could follow.

PR wise it's a catastrophe for West Ham.

they literally can't win, they either lose sponsorship or a really good centre half

16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

they literally can't win, they either lose sponsorship or a really good centre half

Ultimately the money will talk. It always does, but it's something that is entirely the fault of the player and maybe there might be the possibility of them pursuing legal action against him for financial/reputational damage.

Actually I'd like to see that happen, far too many players who think that the laws and rules of society don't apply to them and they can just do what they want without consequence.

• Like 1

How many times have we discussed on here footballer's whose actions are reprehensible and they still cut a wage? 

Time and time again you see it. 

Ultimately, it comes down to how high a profile player he is as to the action taken against him, the club will have it's own policy for dealing with it and he'll be rightly feeling the wrath of everyone as a result.

You do wonder where the line gets drawn though, surely this would be not just bringing the club into disrepute by his actions i.e. something they could potentially sack him for, but you have to wonder wtf is wrong with the world if he isn't taken to task and prosecuted.

West Ham should have taken stronger action against him, banned him for the period of times his wages are being pulled. 

• Like 1

Football and unfortunately some fans seem to be capable of compartmentalising abhorrent behaviour. It’s inexcusable.

Be it the Raith Rovers board, the Saudi ownership of Newcastle, West Ham turning a blind eye to Zouma’s cruelty to animals. Mike Ashley’s employment abuses. And countless other examples……..

Elements of our fan base are unfortunately no different. 

They’d welcome the likes of Ashley with open arms. Any yet, In 2016 an MP’s report accused Mike Ashley’s sports direct of not treating its employees as humans. Yet there are some among us who are probably more outraged by the treatment of this cat. I’m left wondering if it’s because those being mistreated were in the main “immigrant workers”.

”I know he’s a serial killer but, he’s also a thirty goal a season striker……”

People can be so disappointing.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

Fined 2 weeks wages, £250k which will go to animal charities.

He should also be dropped for the next month and forfeit any bonuses related to playing for the rest of the season, along with a full psychiatric assessment for thinking it's ok to not only treat and animal like that, but to also do so in front of a child.

As I've already said a teacher in Lincolnshire was sacked after being videoed kicking and slapping a horse

She's appearing at Lincoln crown court at the end if the month. He should be prosecuted too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, darra said:

As I've already said a teacher in Lincolnshire was sacked after being videoed kicking and slapping a horse

She's appearing at Lincoln crown court at the end if the month. He should be prosecuted too.

As we have seen in recent weeks the Met Police don't seem that keen to want to prosecute high profile people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

McCormick did his time.

As Zouma hopefully will.

Thats the difference.